+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 225 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast

I don't know about giving up everything to my hair back. Its better to be bald with a roof over your head, than to be homeless with hair. It won't help me one bit at that stage. I too like many here would like to get all my hair back but not if I have to lose everything else first. Maybe I will take out a loan and pay an installment each month or dip into my savings. But the cost shouldn't be too prohibitive. HTs already are expensive and there is no guarantee that you will be happy with the result. HSC if it delivers on its promise should be in the range of us normal people otherwise it will only benefit a few and bankrupt the rest.

We have already seen some results in the pre-clinical whether they can build on those results we will have to see. In science 1 is not a pattern. It is about replicating those results. I tried to do a web search for Singapore clinical trials to see what Histogen's safety and efficacy end points are for HSC in the PHase 1/2, with no luck. I could only get to their Clinical Trial website but it doesn't have any information about current clinical trials being conducted in the country. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Inactive

Isurely wouldnt pay everything for those injection. I wont get those researchers on this track :-) i would pay a fair amount for this and thats it but i wouldnt lose my whole life to get back hair, thats ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    The desperation is almost visible. It's like I could reach out and touch it.

To say that a cure for balding is not complicated is just a nieve and stupid. To say that the scintists spend too much time testing this stuff on mice is unbelievably out of touch with reality.
    It's not unbelievably out of touch with reality, it's the truth. I could literally name you over 100 scientists who have tested hair loss theories and chemicals on mice, but have never done anything to apply these theories and chemicals for human use. Fact is that there is disproportionally high number of scientists who only test on mice, but there are only a handful who work to develop hair regrowth applications to benefit humans. That is a glaring fact that is wrong with the pharmaceutical and research communities. But I really don't wanna sound repetitive here; I've elaborated on this fact in other posts. Thank God Craig Ziering is developing something that will hopefully benefit us all very soon. I have nothing but immense respect for Dr. Ziering. I just hope that Histogen will make the current version of their HSC Complex available in certain countries after Phase II. That would be a dream come true for me and a win-win situation for all those involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    It's not unbelievably out of touch with reality, it's the truth. I could literally name you over 100 scientists who have tested hair loss theories and chemicals on mice, but have never done anything to apply these theories and chemicals for human use. Fact is that there is disproportionally high number of scientists who only test on mice, but there are only a handful who work to develop hair regrowth applications to benefit humans. That is a glaring fact that is wrong with the pharmaceutical and research communities. But I really don't wanna sound repetitive here; I've elaborated on this fact in other posts. Thank God Craig Ziering is developing something that will hopefully benefit us all very soon. I have nothing but immense respect for Dr. Ziering. I just hope that Histogen will make the current version of their HSC Complex available in certain countries after Phase II. That would be a dream come true for me and a win-win situation for all those involved.
    You can't see the forest through the trees my friend. And you do sound repetitive. Very very repetitive.

Think about it. If it was easy then one of those 100 scientists would have taken their theory, or their working concept (well working on a mouse), and they would have done it by now. They would have done it because they would get unbelievably rich and we would have hair.

But guess what, its not easy. If it was there would be 100 odd really really really really rich scientists right now. Richer then what they could be paid off to keep it silent - so it wouldnt happen like that either.

I also get the feeling that in some weird strange, totally bizarre, odd, terrible, frakensteinish, and almost inhuman way, you are suggesting that scientists should bypass the lab rat and try out "theories" on humans?

Dude... WTF... Anyway I totally agree with you. Histogen are hopefully the answer we've all been waiting for

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You can't see the forest through the trees my friend. And you do sound repetitive. Very very repetitive.

Think about it. If it was easy then one of those 100 scientists would have taken their theory, or their working concept (well working on a mouse), and they would have done it by now. They would have done it because they would get unbelievably rich and we would have hair.

But guess what, its not easy. If it was there would be 100 odd really really really really rich scientists right now. Richer then what they could be paid off to keep it silent - so it wouldnt happen like that either.

I also get the feeling that in some weird strange, totally bizarre, odd, terrible, frakensteinish, and almost inhuman way, you are suggesting that scientists should bypass the lab rat and try out "theories" on humans?

Dude... WTF... Anyway I totally agree with you. Histogen are hopefully the answer we've all been waiting for

Wow, you are just completely misunderstanding what I'm saying. Of course a potential hair regrowth treatment should be tested on mice first, no question about it. No one's arguing that. The problem I have is that after these potential treatments are shown to regrow hair on mice, then at least 90% of them aren't even tested on humans. There are so many patented methods for increasing hair regrowth (BMP's, Noggin, Thymosin B4, Ephrin A3, N-WASP, laminin-511, lgr5) that have already been proven to regrow hair in mice, yet none of these are even attempted to be tested on humans. These chemicals after all could represent the cure that we're all waiting for but they're just left to sit there languishing on the vine.
    I've heard that argument before that if a cure for baldness was found, then the scientist who discovered it would make millions, and that would be an incentive for them to find a cure for baldness. But if that was the case, then why wouldn't more scientists be even trying to cure baldness, instead of only 4 companies!! I wouldn't mind it so much if some of the treatments that have been proven to regrow hair in mice would've been tested on humans. Even if they failed, at least I'd know that more scientists are trying to cure baldness rather than spending all their time recommending ineffective stuff like Rogaine, Propecia, and hair transplants.
    But whatever, I've argued this stuff before and I'm not gonna continue to argue it. This topic is dedicated to Histogen's HSC Complex and to encouraging Dr. Ziering and Dr. Naughton to continue to develop this complex so that it will hopefully regrow hair for us all. I really commend them for what they're doing; if more doctors and scientists were like them, then I would be more confident that a cure for baldness will come sooner rather than later. And as I've said before, I'd really like to encourage Drs. Ziering and Naughton to make the current version of HSC Complex available to people in Far Eastern countries after Phase II is done. So many of us would jump at the chance to try out what they have got so far (since their current results are exponentially better than what we have now) and it would generate money for them to devote to perfecting their final version of HSC Complex. As I've said before, it would be a win-win situation for everyone involved.

I agree with that they should definitly make it available after phase 2. They could always come out with a better version of hsc if they figure out a better mix in phase 3. If they put it on the market after phase 2 everyone will jump to get this product they will be extremely rich before phase 3.

So I'm going to assume Histogen is currently busy with their clinical trails in Singapore. Anyone have any predictions for when they will publicly announce their findings? Didn't someone say there is a large conference sometime this fall that Histogen is presenting at?

This thread is like 101 pages too long lol I dont think we will get any phase 2 data for about 6 months to a year from today. Mid 2012.

Clinical Trials just very so much in how long each phase can take so all of us are just throwing estimates around in the dark. If it passes trials it could be on the market anywhere between 2013 all the way out to 2018 in the United States

some phase 3 trials are more then 5 years alone. Only Histogen really knows how many hoops they have to jump through. it would be great to get just confirmation that Phase 2 is underway.

Kiwi, shut up and **** off, and don't try to be smart. And learn how to spell.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Kiwi, shut up and **** off, and don't try to be smart. And learn how to spell.
    I'm not going anywhere chump. I'm totally sick of you kiddies crying about how the scientists are evil and how they are holding something back from us.

Get a grip. This thread is about future cutting edge treatments not conspiracy theories and hairy mice.

Our best chances are histogen, aderans, cooley, and Gho...