+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 225 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Well to be honest, i think the standard of regrowth will be 70 to 80% tops. Yes stem cells will be THE solution in terms of transplantation or HM.

Looks very bad on the FUT side though, you agree. I mean i was really shocked to hear that in germany some scientist created artificial follicles, cause i never would have imgained that this is actually be doing right now
    And if you think about it... they started off in 1997 - a decade before Histogen, I mean read this from their "company" section, you cannot help but make the comparisons to the approach Histogen use:

"The efficacy of BioRegenerative Sciences' stem cell products and therapeutics largely result from the release of a full complement of molecules from the stem cells, including growth factors, cytokines, interleukins, and other protein molecules. BioRegenerative Sciences utilizes our proprietary SRM technology (stem cell released molecules technology) to deliver all of the active molecules released by stem cells."

I mean this is just like what Histogen are doing with their dermal fibroblasts, they're (from hypoxic conditions) extracting certain proteins and growth factors that facilitate hair growth - their key ingredient is WNT7A... I wonder what BioRegenerative Sciences' key ingredient is.

In the future this stem cell treatments will be combined with HT used with HM for best density and results, but for now we all have to wait years for this to become a reality.
    Its really frustrating, but still if or when it comes out and the results are good, a lot of sufferers will go on immediate high. . I remain a skeptic until then.
    Still seems to me that their info is very similar to that of Histogen.

I'd certainly have a punt on this as and when the men's version becomes available, sound's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    I'd certainly have a punt on this as and when the men's version becomes available, sound's interesting.
    I hope they distribute in the UK - I hate paying our import taxes.

Agreed! But if it does the job..

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Agreed! But if it does the job..
    if it does the job ill swim across the pond to get me some.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I doubt that very much, Intercytex were back up early last year, these guys are not even 5 years away they are saying.... i cant believe this, its like a dagger in ur soul i wish they would for Gods sake shut up with all this "here in 5 years" and then come out 3 years later and laugh about asking if its still 2 - 5 years away.
    This has to be an old article, or one that was complied with very little research, yes Intercytex has re-launched, however they are no longer looking at HM/cloning, they sold all of their research/patents to Aderans when they went into administration.

I don't think its an old article rehashed, but we must always take article like this in newspapers with a grain of salt as they can be grossly underinformed and only represent one side of the story. The fact that they even neglected to mention Histogen in place Intercytex should be the first sign that the journalist only did very basic research, considering Intercytex's current involvement in the HM field.

And while i'm hopeful that these treatments will pull through in the short term (as a diffuse thinner I feel they would have fantastic results for me), we have to be realistic in saying that all the companies in the game have an equal chance of succeeding, as well as an equal chance of failing and pinning our every hope to either outcome, for whatever reason, can only create more stress in our already unfortunately stressed lives. I mean Histogen have only ever presented a few graphs and photos showing promising but also dubious results, and the other companies have also been shrouded in secrecy. I'm not a sceptic, I want these treatments to work, and I want them to be on the market as soon as possible, but we really need to be a bit realistic about the prospects right now.

Just sayin'

Also, my views on Histogen could be significantly altered in less than a months time when they present at the World Congress of Dermatology in Korea. That will be the next big indicator of where they are at with their programs. If the results are good it could also spur Follica on to release some more information on the current state of their very guarded trials. We'll just have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    if it does the job ill swim across the pond to get me some.
    I'm buying some trunks. Anyway let us know if they get back to you, fingers crossed it's not a scam, have a feeling it may be a worthy gamble tho