+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2248

Dr. Cole is a good guy but I'm not sure if his Aderans argument is sound. To be fair, hair system/piece/wigs sales, whatever you want to call them, have been declining for well over ages. I think it makes sense for Aderans to invest in HM now rather than do nothing and see their business collapse. Very shrewd business move I'd say.

I'll have to have a look at the Aderans timeline I put up somewhere to see when they're supposed to go into phase 3. I'd imagine it must be Q1 or 2 of 2012. They're testing I think 4 different methods of the cultured/multiplied dermal papillae as far as I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    Yeah. All it takes is for one of them to hit phase III with promise and it'll be covered worldwide by every spectrum of the media. Nobody's going to miss it.
    Might look into buying some stock then.

Also by the logic I think Aderans are following, it would be in Dr. Cole's interest to keep an eye on this stuff and look to provide it unless he plans on retiring within in the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    That definitely sounds promising Dasani. Cheers for that. I wonder does the average young bald guy out there know anything about the likes of Histogen, Aderans, Follica and Replicel? What I mean to say is, is it just a select few, (us mainly, TBT regulars), that are pinning our hopes on these future treatments or is it common knowledge to your average bald guy that this stuff is in trials. It's kind of not socially acceptable to discuss baldness (in my country at least) and it is seen largely as a trivial issue (but I think it's changing) so you never really know what the general public is thinking regarding all this.

I happen to think the fact all these companies are well into trials is a big deal but are we just overly optimistic on all this? I'm genuinely excited about the results coming in Q1 2012. Aderans, Histogen and Replicel are all due to weigh in with their findings. What interests me is the fact that we have two similar procedures in what Aderans and Replicel are doing yet one is going through the FDA whereas the other is taking the line that the whole procedure is autologous and therefore that circumvents the need to go through traditional FDA trials. Are we genuinely looking at Aderans getting Ji Gami out in 2014 in the US and Replicel coming out somewhere in 2014 along with Histogen?

If we knew these timelines were realistic we could rest a little easier. If it was guaranteed that these treatments could give you 50FU/cm2 all over by 2016 I would be very content to wait. Would definitely put my mind at rest.
    Yes I agree. No way to tell how good these treatments are going to be, but the people producing them have offered up 2014/2015 as tentative release dates. We're just going to have to wait until January/Feb/March of 2012 to see the clinical trial results. I HOPE they blow everything else out of the water.

Idk maybe Dr. Cole's criticism is valid, he is after all an insider to the Industry so maybe a little bird whispered something in his ear. What is up with Follica though, they are like the CIA of the hair loss industry.

A hypocritical "insider" with everything to lose and nothing to gain from the potential success of the scientific progress he's talking shit about.
    I give his opinion absolutely no credit.

As far as Follica goes it's anybody's guess. Everything you hear about them seems to be founded on rumors.

So who in this thread is obsessed with the potential for a cure besides me? I'm 23, and I just recently noticed I was starting to get thin in my crown. I was shocked because I had never thought about hair loss and I just didn't think about it as something that happens to people in their early 20's. So I freaked out, but immediately got on Finasteride and Minoxidil after a quick visit to the dermatologist. ~2.5-3 months later... my hair has had very good results. It's gotten much thicker and I really can't see any thinning in my crown.

So now if this was 1992 I'd still consider myself screwed and just delaying the inevitable. However today, there's hope for potentially 'curing' baldness in the near future. I'd say (based on clinical trail results for finasteride and minox + my results so far + plan guesswork) I have anywhere from 5-7 maybe 8 years before the effects of my treatments start wearing off. Histogen has said it's product could be available as early as 2014 in certain countries (~2.5 years away). Aderans has also said 2014. Replicel, who knows but I can't image it being significantly longer.

Needless to say I'm white-nuckling it and just plain hoping these potential future treatments actually pan out.

Ummmm all of us? I think its safe to say all of us are obsessed with a potential cure...I know I am

I'm not really obsessed, I'm just intrigued by the possibility. It's one of the few fields of research that I have a personal interest in so it gets some extra attention during downtime. I still have a pretty full head of hair thanks to Propecia and Rogaine but I'm currently shaving it all off with a razor every few days and I kind of like it. My problem with it, and the reason I'm hoping for a cure, is because this look requires shaving essentially every day/every other day. I'd prefer just getting a haircut every 3 months like I used to. To some extent I'd also prefer to have the choice of going between shaved and long hair, rather than being forced into one for the rest of my life. I'm 23 now and my hope is that when I'm somewhere between 30-35 there'll be a solution for me. Although sooner works too. Since I started balding at 19 and looking my father's pattern I'm gonna be a Norwood 6 so hair transplants are out of the question due to limited donor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    So who in this thread is obsessed with the potential for a cure besides me? I'm 23, and I just recently noticed I was starting to get thin in my crown. I was shocked because I had never thought about hair loss and I just didn't think about it as something that happens to people in their early 20's. So I freaked out, but immediately got on Finasteride and Minoxidil after a quick visit to the dermatologist. ~2.5-3 months later... my hair has had very good results. It's gotten much thicker and I really can't see any thinning in my crown.

So now if this was 1992 I'd still consider myself screwed and just delaying the inevitable. However today, there's hope for potentially 'curing' baldness in the near future. I'd say (based on clinical trail results for finasteride and minox + my results so far + plan guesswork) I have anywhere from 5-7 maybe 8 years before the effects of my treatments start wearing off. Histogen has said it's product could be available as early as 2014 in certain countries (~2.5 years away). Aderans has also said 2014. Replicel, who knows but I can't image it being significantly longer.

Needless to say I'm white-nuckling it and just plain hoping these potential future treatments actually pan out.

Dude if your treatments are working right now than relax a bit.