While Washing.. - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: While Washing..

Exclamation While Washing..

Hi,
    I am 24 years old.When ever i wash my hair during that time I lose a lot .I am afraid to touch my hair. What should I do? Now the Density is poor.

You should look into the major treatments for hairloss, which are Propecia (AKA Finasteride) and Rogaine (AKA Minoxidil). Finasteride is often bought in the 5mg form known as Proscar, which is the same drug produced for a different purpose. This is split into 4 X 1.25mg quarters essentially making it a comparable dose to the 1mg Propecia tablet.

Propecia gives you a good chance of stopping the hairloss or significantly slowing it down, and can re-grow hair in some cases. It's really your only chance of halting male pattern balding, especially if you're experiencing fairly rapid progression of the condition. You ought to do your own reading on this, though, because there is a lot to learn (more than I can tell you here) and you need to know what to expect while using the drugs and make yourself aware of the possible side effects.

You won't lose hair simply by washing or touching it. During washing you will dislodge and rinse away hairs that were either already shed from the follicle and caught up in your hair, or just on the brink of being shed anyway. I don't believe there's any evidence that washing hair accelerates hairloss. I see lots of hairs during my daily shampooing but I haven't really lost any density during over five years of Finasteride use. Washing is a routine most of us undergo daily, and it's the time when we become most aware of the hairs that we are losing. So what I'm saying is don't be afraid to wash. Focus on the treatments that are available as they are your best chance.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thumbs up Thanks A lot.

Thanks a lot

There are some more points I want to dicuss.

I started taking Finasteride(1 mg) from last 20 days. I take 2 pills a day.
    It is made from Dr Raddy(Manufacturer). I do not know what Propecia is. or any difference between these. On the wrapper it is written Finasteride(1 mg).

I also use Minoxidil(5 %)
    I am also planning for PRP.

I have some problem because of heredity.and my skin in oilly.

Please look at this once more.

Finasteride is the name of the drug. Propecia is the brand name given by the original developers of the drug. Dr Reddy's is a pharmaceutical company which makes the drug and as far as I know their version is good. It seems to be quite a commonly used version.

Two doses of 1mg tablets per day is quite a lot. The recommended dose is just one 1mg tablet per day. Why have you chosen to start on such a high dose?

Thumbs up Thanks.

What about the PRP.or what else I can do?

Thumbs up One more thing.

Should I try dutasteride?

You should give Finasteride more of a chance before you think about Dutasteride. 20 days is very early into treatment. You must give it 9 months to a year before you judge whether it has been successful. That's unfortunately the kind of timescale you're looking at with hair.

PRP hasn't really proven itself yet. I think the jury's still out on that one.