+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast

Dr Cole is a good man and a true professional. UK I'm glad you presented this info to Dr Cole. Richard Dawkins, I like that idea of Cole investigatin Ghos HST and if legit, maybe one day he can do the same for us here in the states. I would definitely go with Dr Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro5422 View Post
    I was searching online to find a pic of Sneidjer's hair loss and came up with this one.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-co...17set_1469.jpg

Its a good angle and similar lighting and cut to his current pics. You can really see the improvement when you look back at the before. Is it certain that Gho procedure is the only transplant he had? If so, I'm really impressed and hopeful that its the real deal.
    Not sure when Sneijder got married but I think his hairloss was even worse than that picture by the time he went to the Hair Science Institute in Maastrict. It is remarkable that his hair appears that dense when cut so short.

http://hairstylesarea.com/tag/wesley...der-hairstyles

The interesting thing surrounding the whole hoopla over Dr. Gho's HST technique was that when many of the Benelux clinics tried to take Dr. Gho to court over false claims last year, Dr. Feriduni who was dubious of Dr. Gho's claims, retracted his name from the case, presumably after realising that Dr. Gho's HST is legimate. I wonder if Dr. Feriduni plans on learning the technique especially since his own FUE work is excellent.

If this technique really works as described then the days of strip are numbered. We know this much, the phenomenon of donor regeneration and hair multiplication in humans is real and the literature says as much. The question is with what consistency and efficacy?

I would not be surprised if Dr. Bernstein comes out with a similiar technique within the next 2 years.

Oh yeah, the Hair Science Institute won the case too.

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Dr Cole is a good man and a true professional. UK I'm glad you presented this info to Dr Cole. Richard Dawkins, I like that idea of Cole investigatin Ghos HST and if legit, maybe one day he can do the same for us here in the states. I would definitely go with Dr Cole.
    I agree with all of the above. It would be very reassuring to see another top clinic validate the technique and offer it themselves. If this technique works as described then the first clinic in the US to adopt it would have a huge advantage over the field.

I was at first skeptical of HST as Dr. Rassman didn't believe it could be done but then I did some background reading and realised he said the same about FUE when Dr. Woods introduced the technique. Dr. Rassman worked on it himself and came out with FUE a while later claiming to be it's pioneer. Perhaps Dr. Bernstein sees what Dr. Gho's doing and he's trying to figure it out himself so he can be the first to introduce it to the North American market.

I can't help but feel that the stick and place technique in conjuction with dipping the grafts in the preservation medium or ECM would be the safest protocol. Surely when extracting such a fine amount of tissue, (the needle is approx. 0.6mm diameter!) time out of the body is more critical than ever.

Dr. Cole thank you for your insight. It was really good of you to inform some of us here who are laymen.
    Also the concept of being open-minded and the ability to change your opinion when presented with evidence. The desire to investigate something when presented with hints of evidence or promise of some. Those are the qualities of true professionals, doctors, scientists and engineers.
    Thats why I'm glad that Dr. Cole is always eager to recognize and research promising new techiques. And thats why: " Dr. Cole is a good man and true professional", as CVAZBAR said.

Inactive

And thats especially the reason why i wanna Dr Cole on the HST side. Because he has exactly the requirements to perform such a thing "He learns". And i am honest here, i was angry with Dr Cole in the past when he started this thread here and criticised Acell. But unlike others he admits the mistake while others keep on bashing and tell the same old stuff you hear all the time.

Also another thing which surprised me a few months back was Jotronic who was really interested in Acell and Donor Regeneration and dont forget he is more of a FUT sales person (no offense).

But to me people from other sides who are willing to investigate something are much more valuable then just a normal hair transplant could ever be. Even Gho is learning his stuff from anew every day, just remember a few weeks back he said that 2000 Grafts is the maximum in one session (yes he was overly cautious) but now he has changed it on his homepage to 2300 Grafts, which shows that even he learns some new elements from time to time(for the same price tag).

I think that those kind of decisions and opinions are very very important. What some users here may not realize, but if you do your homework you can become smarter then your average non interested surgeon, and thats a fact. I think Dr Coles work is good but lacks the donor regeneration :-) (Sorry Dr Cole this has to be said ;-) )

With donor regeneration in his CIT case (btw CIT-HST does sound good) an appointment would be a no brainer for almost everyone.

Of course first i was really negative and really sceptic about Gho, yes i destroyed a lot of stuff or i tried to but after a while and with more digging into this matter i reevaluate the whole situation and well i changed my mind in favor of Gho. Also when Dr Cole said that he witnessed black nubs in parts where he extracted follicles (where some people tried of course to downtalk his observation Jealous asshats) i was like "Ok if science says it works and even Dr Cole witnesses such a thing with "more or less primitiv" first approaches why should it not work?

And i agree here, i also hate FUT because i think its just barbaric, and it doesnt matter what results you get because FUE can achieve the same good results.

Yeah i already said to much, but to make it short, Thanks Dr Cole for looking into Ghos HST, at least ONE doc is admitting or considering it in a neutral way

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    I agree with all of the above. It would be very reassuring to see another top clinic validate the technique and offer it themselves. If this technique works as described then the first clinic in the US to adopt it would have a huge advantage over the field.

I was at first skeptical of HST as Dr. Rassman didn't believe it could be done but then I did some background reading and realised he said the same about FUE when Dr. Woods introduced the technique. Dr. Rassman worked on it himself and came out with FUE a while later claiming to be it's pioneer. Perhaps Dr. Bernstein sees what Dr. Gho's doing and he's trying to figure it out himself so he can be the first to introduce it to the North American market.

I can't help but feel that the stick and place technique in conjuction with
    dipping the grafts in the preservation medium or ECM would be the safest protocol. Surely when extracting such a fine amount of tissue, (the needle is approx. 0.6mm diameter!) time out of the body is more critical than ever.
    Im also surprised with Sneijders density. Something tells me he got more than 2000 grafts. His results are fantastic. I think he can even go lower, to say a 1 clip all around. I doubt you would see scars.

Wanting to research more on HST is only smart. Dr Cole would benefit from this immediately. It's a win/win for everyone! Why wouldn't all the Docs want this, if it works? You would have to be an idiot to ignore this.

Definitely seems more than 2000 considering his pattern. Looks maybe more like 4000. That's probably the most they could harvest in one go. Dr. Gho explained that you cannot reliably partially extract 2 adjacent follicles due to the potential confluence of scarring which stops donor regeneration. That's why they extract one, skip over a follicle and extract another. It's like minesweeper or something. Maybe 4000 is possible, certainly 2500-3000 anyway.

The triple wave 0.6mm extraction tool sounds mad. I know anytime you break the skin it can scar but at that size you probably can't see anything. Comparing it to a 1.0mm extraction tool the cut area is 0.28mm2 compared to 0.79mm2. Far smaller. If a 1mm extraction tool can leave a white dot then I'd imagine a 0.6mm extraction tool would leave something like a very small acne pock mark at worst. I don't really know enough but how small is 0.6mm compared to say a needle you get an injection with?

I know Dr. Feriduni believes extraction tools bigger than 0.95mm should never be used. At 0.6mm you can't take a full 3 haired follicle as far as I'm aware so I wonder does Dr. Gho only transplant 1s and 2s and they grow that way. I also wonder is there a phenomenon where if you partially extract a 3 haired follicle (say 2 hairs are taken) with enough dermal pappillae does it have an underlying architectural code so to speak so that when transplanted and shed it grows back 3 hairs rather than the transplanted 2. Maybe it does. I same this because in Dr. Gho's paper the number of hairs that regenerated in the donor was close to the number beforehand. In other words 2 hairs from a 3 hair follicle were extracted and 1 remained but 2 grew back to return the follicle in the donor to a 3 haired follicle. If that's the case does it mean the 2 transplanted hairs will regrow 3 in the recipient? That's my hope anyway.

I also wonder if bone marrow stem cells could be used to stop the progression of MPB. I know it has worked for children (in Eygpt I believe?...might be another country) who suffer from Alopecia Universalis so maybe it has implications for MPB. Stem cells has to be the endpoint.

I had a look at the site and the Hair Science Institute are working on a new technique called Hair Stemcell Injection. The extraction remains much the same but the stem cells are gleaned from partially extracted follicles and are injected into the scalp using a needle. As such hair is not transplanted but cells are whereas the hair shafts were transplanted in HST to carry the cells with them. Apparently they're claiming that this can be a very effective method for burn victims.

It actually doesn't sound all that different to what Aderans are supposedly at. Sounds interesting.