+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

film Dr. Gary Hitzig on The Bald Truth Live Tonight 7pmPST/10pmEST

Join Spencer Kobren, and the crew of The Bald Truth for a couple of beers and good times in our live chat tonight @ 7pmPST/10pm EST

Live on the home page of http://www.thebaldtruth.com

Tonight's Special Guest: Dr. Gary Hitzig
    Call the studio line to ask Dr. Hitzig your questions: 1-888-659-3727

Also remember, you can now view the show and chat on your mobile phone.

See how here:
    http://www.thebaldtruth.com/news/bal...-mobile-phone/

Hope to see you tonight!

So excited for the show. Anyone going to call in and ask Dr hitzig Questions?

For all who have heard the live show with Dr Hitzig.... He has mentioned more then once that hes able to perserve donor hair in strip procedures and use the same are more then once. What i dont get is why Dr Cooley is not saying the same thing. This is the anwser i got regarding this from Dr Cooleys office

"In a traditional excision we do a closure called “tricophytic”. This closure allows for hair to grow directly into the incision. You also have the option to use ACell with this procedure. The fee for adding ACell is $500 which is cost only.
    I do want to clarify, in a strip, the hair is not preserved, it is excised, removed and the area is closed with sutures. In the closure we use the edge of the wound is trimmed away at an angle and the opposing side of the wound is not just pulled closed but overlapped allowing the bottom edge of hair to grow into the incision. The addition of ACell insures that the tissue that is regenerated in normal tissue vs scar. It is flatter and does not have the think white appearance of a regular scar."

miozambrotta19,

have you heard if cooley is doing injections into the scalp with the arterial blood and acell?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by miozambrotta19 View Post
    For all who have heard the live show with Dr Hitzig.... He has mentioned more then once that hes able to perserve donor hair in strip procedures and use the same are more then once. What i dont get is why Dr Cooley is not saying the same thing. This is the anwser i got regarding this from Dr Cooleys office

"In a traditional excision we do a closure called “tricophytic”. This closure allows for hair to grow directly into the incision. You also have the option to use ACell with this procedure. The fee for adding ACell is $500 which is cost only.
    I do want to clarify, in a strip, the hair is not preserved, it is excised, removed and the area is closed with sutures. In the closure we use the edge of the wound is trimmed away at an angle and the opposing side of the wound is not just pulled closed but overlapped allowing the bottom edge of hair to grow into the incision. The addition of ACell insures that the tissue that is regenerated in normal tissue vs scar. It is flatter and does not have the think white appearance of a regular scar."
    That means, Dr. Hitzig IS able to successfully accomplish such procedures (regrowth/regeneration of harvested donor strips - INCLUDING hair follicles!), whereas Dr. Jones failed in his 1st Acell-experiment (2008/2009)?

http://www.drrobertjones.com/2009/01...s-post-op.html

@Spencer and listeners - Did Dr. Hitzig really mentioned exactly this - more than once?

Mkamph:
    I dont think Dr Cooley offers the injection, but try and email them and see if its eomthing hes willing to do. I havent heard anything along the lines of him doing this procedure.

HairRobinhood:
    If you listen to his presentations he mentions it and he mentioned it last night on the live show. Im not sure if im getting something wrong or this is really the case. Somone called into the show and mentioned he was going to Dr cooley for an autocloning procedure, and Dr Hitzig responded by saying you should get the strip because the hairs can be regenerated and used again. Im trying to find out if this is true.

Would shock loss in the recipient site still be a potential problem?

Inactive

Is it possible to listen the recorded live interview with Hitzig?

I had a thought. It has been concluded by Follica and Histogen when WNT proteins are introduced to wounded skin, an embroyonic healing state takes place and thus new hair follices are produced. Would it be possible to add these Wnt proteins to the Acell/PRP injections and then introduce this to the scalp?
    I think most of what you would need would be in these 3 things.
    PRP-adults stem cells-growth factors
    Acell-Helps adult stem cell return to an embryonic state during healing,Contains a host of proteins, growth factors, collagen ect.
    WNT Proteins-What is needed to induce the formation of new hair follices.

Histogen is basing there experiment of Wnt Proteins and has show great results in the early trials
    Follicas whole experiment is based on wnt proteins-They have tried in on bald mice and all have grown new hairs
    So what im sayign is why not try this with humans with prodcuts that are both FDA apporved and with WNT which is a natural protein in the body.

Quote Originally Posted by miozambrotta19 View Post
    I had a thought. It has been concluded by Follica and Histogen when WNT proteins are introduced to wounded skin, an embroyonic healing state takes place and thus new hair follices are produced. Would it be possible to add these Wnt proteins to the Acell/PRP injections and then introduce this to the scalp?
    I think most of what you would need would be in these 3 things.
    PRP-adults stem cells-growth factors
    Acell-Helps adult stem cell return to an embryonic state during healing,Contains a host of proteins, growth factors, collagen ect.
    WNT Proteins-What is needed to induce the formation of new hair follices.

Histogen is basing there experiment of Wnt Proteins and has show great results in the early trials
    Follicas whole experiment is based on wnt proteins-They have tried in on bald mice and all have grown new hairs
    So what im sayign is why not try this with humans with prodcuts that are both FDA apporved and with WNT which is a natural protein in the body.

Yeah, also been wondering if Acell can be used in a different want than just transplants.

Can someone comment on this please?

thanks