+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
    The real issue here is that I began at this company with what looked like a thick head of black hair (actually thin brown hair with tons of toppik in it) and then one day last year suddenly I showed up bald. It was shocking to everyone. I don't get stares of horror from people who don't know me. Strangers don't laugh at me. It is b/c all of my colleagues knew me as a reasonable looking guy with hair who now looks like Frankenstein's monster.

I suppose that it is not corporate America that is the problem (as you point out it may be worse in the blue collar world). It is this particular place. If I were to go elsewhere and do the same exact thing surrounded by people who never knew the me with hair, I highly doubt that I would be made to feel so bad. Sure, people at the water cooler might mutter some things about the new bald guy, but I sincerely doubt that I would be treated like I am here by people who have known me for a while. They ridicule what they fear ultimately happening to them - the men anyway. The women are just saddened i suppose. If an attractive woman whom you had known and worked with for years suddenly showed to work one day 50 lbs overweight you would probably behave towards her the way the women here are behaving towards me. Half the people do not realize that I can not regrow my hair. They didn't realize that what they saw was not my hair. That's the problem. It is this place of business. All I really need to do is change where I work - nothing drastic at all. I can easily ask for a transfer. Its not as if that will instantly take away all my problems but it will certainly be better than this.
    it won't matter people are assholes everywhere. They have nothing better to do but to judge others. Well they should have plenty to do but choose not to.

I think it is great you went bald, that is total balls, and it should be liberating for you.

Lets face it, if they are still worried about you and your looks 6 months from now. They are freaking losers, they need to get a life.

I feel your pain Jack.Ive had 3 transplants here in the UK and now im so confused what to do anymore,do I shave and had a horrible scar showing or do I get a procedure in the US where Ive heard they are the best.Been informed by DR Feller and Dr Rahal i would need about 2.5k-3k grafts..but what if i then need more work down the line and my donor area is no good.I would just have even worse scars.then theres the cash needed.my head is up my bum so to speak cause I dont know what to do.Any opinions would be appreciated chaps

As you live in the UK have you considered HIS clinic? They do non permanent scalp tattoing/ pigmentation. The results vary, but if the results are not good you always know that it is not permanent. I have seen in person one person who had his scalp done at HIS. It looked quite real to me. I have heard of poor results and seen photos of what are purported to be botched jobs from HIS clinic, however. If I lived in the UK I would have it done. In the States the only "reputable" providers of this type of this relatively new procedure use permanent ink and I am not ready to jump into that fire. I don't know how much you have on top, but have you considered thickening fibers like toppik? Its very, very cheap and if you have enough hair (which I am guessing you do after 3 transplants) it works miracles. And then of course there is the hair piece option which is hellish. Finally you can shave it like me. It is quite miserable facing the world like this, but it is free, easy to maintain, and very, very comfortable. It is also nice if you do a lot of exercise. It is not so nice if you are trying to woo a young woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffeeman147 View Post
    I feel your pain Jack.Ive had 3 transplants here in the UK and now im so confused what to do anymore,do I shave and had a horrible scar showing or do I get a procedure in the US where Ive heard they are the best.Been informed by DR Feller and Dr Rahal i would need about 2.5k-3k grafts..but what if i then need more work down the line and my donor area is no good.I would just have even worse scars.then theres the cash needed.my head is up my bum so to speak cause I dont know what to do.Any opinions would be appreciated chaps

Default you must think that I am advertising for toppik but just look

here's a pic of me I found early on in my military career. Under direct sunlight you can see just how thin I was even in my late teens.

Here is a picture of me years later with toppik (or whatever brand it was)

Cheers Jack,Ive never even heard of that clinic but I will certianly look into it....why dont you give it a go yourself...its not expensive to grab a flight from the US to Uk these days, just an idea

Default scalp pigmentation

No worries. You can find them online. Just google HIS hair clinic. I have considered giving it a go myself. I just have very few vacation days until next June. I had to miss 5 days for shoulder surgery earlier this year. I may very well come to the UK next summer. I have already been in contact with the clinic. They have them all over the UK as well as in Spain. ( Anywhere there are Brits I suppose)

Cheers Jack,Ive never even heard of that clinic but I will certianly look into it....why dont you give it a go yourself...its not expensive to grab a flight from the US to Uk these days, just an idea

There is no guarantee with what these doctors tell you. Do not fall for it. They will tell you what you want to hear take your money and what ever happens, happens. Good or bad.

You will need more work down the line. Tell me how many people get one transplant and are satisfied? VERY FEW! Read any blog, one and done is the exception to the rule.

I guess that topik really thickens hair huh? I just got a haircut today and its so thin on top. I've never been able to see my scalp through my hair when combed straight forward.
    I purposely went to a new stylist(pretty young woman) and asked her what the best option for me is. She said the shaved head look is not quite me yet but I do disagree though she seemed like she would say whats on her mind.

try the stuff. Its cheap as dirt. If you don't like it you've lost $5 or $10. I would have used it until the day I died if my hair had not become too thin. You can see how thin it was in that picture from the late 90's....or shave it. I want as many shaved headed "brothers" as I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    I guess that topik really thickens hair huh? I just got a haircut today and its so thin on top. I've never been able to see my scalp through my hair when combed straight forward.
    I purposely went to a new stylist(pretty young woman) and asked her what the best option for me is. She said the shaved head look is not quite me yet but I do disagree though she seemed like she would say whats on her mind.

Just purchased 1