+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recoverup!

Hybrid View

Default Recoverup!

I wanted to share something with you guys.

I mailed this company (recoverup) and they say that their product is already available, in Taiwan!

Read this:

Dear Jonathan E,

My sincere apologies for the late reply to your email. We have been flooded with inquires in regards to this type of AAA (Autologous Adipose Adult) stem cell therapy for hair regeneration, and this has caused some delay in processing client inquiries.

The current situation is that most countries around the world still haven’t passed legislation approving the use of AAA stem cells, even though we stipulate in our Ethical Charter, that we do not under any circumstances use embryonic stem cells. We only use stem cells from you, for you. It seems our company is slightly ahead of the curve in developing stem cell therapies that completely bypass the previous moral and ethical issues.

As a result, we have had to evolve our service locations in response to the current situation. Currently, we are offering the Recoverup Stem Cell Hair Regeneration service in Taipei, Taiwan and Penang, Malaysia.

The treatment is available today. This treatment functions to re-activate (or ‘rejuvenate’) existing follicles. Therefore you would expect the places where there still are follicles, no matter how weak, to be able to be treated successfully with the Recoverup Stem Cell treatment. Empirical data indicates you would expect to see at least 40% of all treated areas showing one of four results; (1) darker hair (2) thicker hair (3) faster growing hair or (4) more hair per follicle. Overall the effect is of ‘more hair’, in those areas which were treated, i.e., in those areas which already had some form of existing follicles.

As this treatment does not create new follicles, but rather rejuvenate existing ones, it is not considered a new treatment, but rather a step jump in technology, in the field of hair reconstruction.

In those areas where there were no existing follicles at all, the Surgeon would suggest no treatment be done there using stem cells, as the results are very minimal. For those areas we may suggest you combine your stem cell treatment with a hair transplant in one procedure at our clinic.

Growth has been shown to start approximately at 2 weeks, and in my case (I had the treatment done as well) it took 10-11 days before I could see the new hair growth. Another benefit I found was that after my treatment, my hair stopped falling out, in all parts of the scalp, not just those treated directly. It seems the stem cell treatment affects the entire scalp, no matter which part was directly treated, and it causes the remaining hair to stop falling out, as the stem cell growth factors take effect.

The treatment cost is approximately 8,000-13,000 USD per procedure, with cost depending on the each specific customers required treatment area. The cost is not per follicle but per procedure. However, for extended areas the procedure may take place over more than one day, and in that case the overall fee may be higher. This procedure cost does not include travel, travel insurance or accommodation.

The first step in the treatment is a liposuction and requires at least 200 ml of fat to be extracted, usually from the waist area. The larger the required area of treatment on the scalp, the more fat needs to be extracted via liposuction. Also the success rate of the extracted fat to stem cells conversion, depends on the patients overall level of existing health. Therefore, the main considerations are level of health and area to be treated.

Then later in the same day, the extracted stem cells would be cultured and inserted back into the patients scalp. This ‘same day service’ was developed specifically to cater to our overseas customers, who would otherwise need to wait several weeks whilst the cells were cultivated.

If you are interested in continuing further, please provide a ‘statement of medical health’ from your Doctor detailing any existing conditions, allergies, medications, in addition to your BMI (body mass index). Finally, please provide 4 photographs of the treatment area on your scalp you would like the surgeon to consider (please provide front, top, left and right side views).

Please note your personal information would not under any circumstances be shared with any other person apart from our R&R Healthcare Customer Service Team and your Responsible Surgeon - your anonymity is assured.

We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your interest in Recoverup Stem Cell Hair Regeneration

Best Regards,
    Bobby Dean,
    Manager
    The R&R Healthcare Customer Service Team

Spencer, please check this out for us to see if it has any credibility.

How long are follicles active after you lost your hair? I heard someone saying seven years others say 15... I think this might be really important for a lot of hairmultiplication treatments like Histogen or maybe like this is one.

I have recieved the exact samet email from them.
    I must say that I am very sceptical about this. They do offer a money back gurantee if hair does not grow, but how do we know what they classify as hair growth? Maybe it's just minoxidil fuzz we're talking about.
    And also they do not show any before and after pictures with the motivation that some other companies enhance such pictures or use fake ones - therefore they will not show us any pictures. I have however asked for pictures via email, and they have said they will send me some. That was two weeks ago, and I have still not recieved any.

Just my two cents - however of course I really do hope this will be the answer for us!

the things i'm most sceptical about are:

1. they say you can't use other hairloss drugs, which would mean i would have to give up my 1,25 mg a day of finasteride...and i must say, i will have a lot of difficulty with that.

2. they say it restores the hair in the thinning areas and stops the hair form falling out. is it a guarantee that it will work in a preventative way just like finasteride? or maybe even better? that the hair on the rest of your head will just not fall out?

3. about those pictures gutber, i also asked them about it yesterday. i still didn't get a response, but i hope they send them. if you get them first, could you post them?

Thumbs down

The email seems to contradict some of what's written on the R&R healthcare website

http://www.rrhcare.com/en/brands_Recoverup_01.html

Longer-Lasting
    Unlike other treatments that require constant and continued use to sustain their effects, Recoverup actually stimulates the creation of new follicles and subsequently the growth of fresh, healthy and long-lasting hair, that won't fall out, as the expected life span of the hair follicle is at least 5 years, or more.

I also notice that in their press area the most recent bit of press is Spencer Kobren's post from the Bald Truth, but it says nothing about their stem cell procedure. It all seems a little strange to me.

http://www.recoverup.com/en/press_04.html