Prescription: Propecia - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Prescription: Propecia

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post a little something that concerns me each time i read posts in the forum regarding the taking of Propecia.

Propecia is to be taken once daily and pretty much for life, yet i read people are saying they take half a tab instead of the full tab, take the drug Mon-Wed-Fri, some choose to take breaks during the treatment ...why??

Propecia needs to be taken how it's meant to be taken, why do it any other way.

That's it and good luck to you all,
    57mph

I think its to do with tollerance levels

Some people try and test it out to see if they have sides or till the body gets used to it

Some Doctors also believe the lifespan of the drug in your system is quite a bit longer then the recommended daily dosage

If you exhibit no side effects then take the daily routine as its the recommended dose and FDA approved based on studies. If you want to save money get the Proscar as its the same drug just you will have to cut it up into quarters with a pill cutter

i think it is important to follow the prescribed dosage.

Quote Originally Posted by 57mph View Post
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to post a little something that concerns me each time i read posts in the forum regarding the taking of Propecia.

Propecia is to be taken once daily and pretty much for life, yet i read people are saying they take half a tab instead of the full tab, take the drug Mon-Wed-Fri, some choose to take breaks during the treatment ...why??

Propecia needs to be taken how it's meant to be taken, why do it any other way.

That's it and good luck to you all,
    57mph
    hey 57mph, do you any websites that I can purchase propecia without a prescription and a secured website with fast delivery? :O

There was one study which showed that a much smaller amount of finasteride is actually needed to fight MPB -- something like 0.2 mg.

I know someone that takes half a tablet (0.5 mg) of Propecia each day and has achieved great results with no sides.

I don't think cutting down on the amount you're taking is bad. What should be avoided is taking it sporadically.

Some of you seem a bit naive.

57mph and hwiser, medicine isn't flawless and hair loss understanding is in its infancy.

The "prescribed dose" is based on very little in the way of science and testing. We're not even sure how safe this drug is and whether it should be prescribed at all.

According to some evidence and anecdotes, men can have almost as much success on finasteride at doses starting at 0.2mg and up.

As pointed out, men who struggle to tolerate finasteride at 1mg might be better off trying at a lower dose. In fact, I'd recommend that to anybody.

Don't give doctors more credit than they're due. You're better off researching the topic yourself and finding out your own answers, than relying on doctors' prescribed dosages and such.

You need to be your own hair loss researcher, doctor and laboratory. Safely of course.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    You need to be your own hair loss researcher, doctor and laboratory. Safely of course.
    Its unfortunate that it takes so long for a change to show any effect - so your research could end up being a waste of a year and hair

We need time machines that are more like rewind devices where you still know the future but can't carry back with you the changes - otherwise we'd all just jump back a few years (or however many needed), kidnap ourselves and bring them forward to the future to get "the cure" and then put ourselves back before we even know we're losing our hair!

But then theres the paradox of never losing the hair, so you never use the time machine to prevent it from happening....oh god no parallel universes! I fixed myself in a different dimension thats no use to ME!

Default update

G-squad, i use pharmadoctor.co.uk, have done since i first went on propecia nearly 2 years ago now and as far as i'm concerned they're legit if not the cheapest i'm sure it's the real deal, so good luck!

Chrisis, whilst some of what you say is true, i will only take what is prescribed on the packet and never (never!!) self dose, hey i ain't a junky so why would i try anything other than what's rpinted on the box, i pop a Propecia pill a day and that's what i'm sticking with and regarding doctors, no doubt there's some bad apples in the basket but i'm taking my chance with what these guys tell me, we'd be a fool not too.
    If you contract a cancer, what you gonna do, sit on your computer all day looking into it (and setting up your own lab and research centre?) rather than go speak to the speciailists, come on mate?!

Everything i say is of course, my own opinion and should never be taken as anything other than, just that.

Whilst i'm here, like i say it's been two years in March since i started the expensive tictac game and i think it's working, it's slowed down the loss massively, i truly believe that to be the case.

Good luck you lot,
    57mph