+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Considering The Hair Replication Tattoo Procedure - Good Idea or Bad?

Hi

I wondered if anyone had any experience of this procedure and if anyone can give any feedback on it - from the pictures it seems pretty good with virtually no difference from the "fake" hair and the real thing

Im seriously considering it need some info about it as i dont want to make a big mistake - has anyone here tried it?

i would say no, but thats just me. What if it looks like crap? then your screwed.

Bad Idea I saw someone who had it done and you could tell from across the room
    Last edited by mlao; 05-01-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Don't think its a good idea

wait for a cure

heynow1234 - the place im considering having it done apparently guarantee you the right to have it removed if you dont like it - so i guess you can have it removed if you dont think its any good

KeepTheHair - any particular reason you dont think its a good idea?

mlao - do you have any pics of any badly done tattoo replication? ive been doing some research and all the pics ive see (even the very close up ones) seem to show virtually no diff between the tatoo and the hair - ive been looking for pics where people have not been pleased with it (like badly done ht's) but cant find any
    also you get to meet people who have had it done before you do it so i suppose you can judge for yourself

I actually like it to be honest...I like the frame it gives to a face. A frame looks good on any face.

The problem is... It's kinda weird/fake in a way. Won't you rather have hair though?

I would rather save up for a hair transplant or save up for when histogen comes out with their miracle cure(yes we have to believe it's coming or we will all kill ourselfs when the hope is gone lol).

But like I said. I think it gives a face a nice frame.

ALTHOUGH pictures don't look anything like real life. You will definitely spot it in real life. Especially if you are looking for it. Thats what I think.

Anyway, you said you saw close ups? post those pics please. I haven't searched much

I only saw the one person no pics

To make it simple for you.

It looks way better than having that bald spot when you shave it. Even if it's obvious its a tattoo. It still looks way better than the bald look.

BUT in the future I don't know how this will interfere with hair transplants or histogen. Or if this stuff harms follicles or the chance of the new ones growing.

Carefully consider it. I think it looks really good to be honest. But then again I have not seen it up close. Only bad quality pictures online.

keepthehair - here are loads of pics from the place im considering getting it done, looks pretty good to me:

http://www.hishairclinic.com/gallery/

they claim no-one is able to tell the difference and though thats true from these pics ill find out if thats true when i meet someone whose had it done

i would rather have hair - maybe a transplant but ive been told by more than one respected surgeon im not an ideal candidate unfortunately - btw whats histogen?

if there is a miracle cure (which i doubt) then you can have the tattoos removed and you can actually carry on taking rogaine after the procedure

the thing with me is, long hair has never suited me and ive had short hair for most of the time, it actually suits the shape of my face and so on - id just like the patches covered with something convincing and aslong as i can keep my hair to a blade 1 or 1-1/2, id be relatively happy so this seems like a good solution...i just hope when i meet someone whose had it done, i cant tell the difference between their own hair and tattoo's...that would be the clincher for me

Uhhhm.

They give a lot of those people really unnatural looks. REALLY unnatural.

Like... the hairline is either too super dense or uneven or in a weird place. Or too full.

I think blacks can easily pull this off. Since they always have that strong look even if they shave it off. But on whites this looks way more obvious.

That website is a good reminder of how ugly bald people are...

It CAN be good. Just they produce mediocre results in my opinion. They make it look very unnatural.