+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hasson & Wong Update on Topical Finasteride

This has been discussed here briefly before, but is anyone here using this?

Victor Hasson MD
    March 20, 2015 at 11:58 am

To update : Our topical Finasteride solution that we have been using for the past 2 years has proven to be very effective . It has been used primarily in patients who had been experiencing side effects on the oral drug. These patients have been free of side effects on the topical formulation. This is a good sign that the drug is unlikely to be going systemic via cutaneous permeation.
    We are currently performing tests using Franz diffusion cells with the The University of Milan to get more data.
    Once we have secured a reliable source for Dutasteride we will start testing topical formulations with this drug as it will likely be more effective.
    A new liposomal formulation of topical finasteride is currently available to our European patients. It has been developed in collaboration with Farmacia Parati in Italy. This preparation can be obtained from this company . You will require a physicians prescription for this as the formulation needs to be compounded on a case by case basis (to comply with European and FDA regulations).

Victor Hasson MD

This is really interesting, I will try to give it a shot. There is a legit company selling Minoxidil online called Minoxidil Max, they are offering Minoxidil with Finasteride in different strengths. Check it out Bro :-)

http://www.************.com/products...us_Finasteride

Is this perhaps a better alternative than eating finasteride pills?
    Is this out on the market now, fully tested?

Well, according to them it's a good alternative. As for being on the market, I really have no idea; I think someone said the only way to get this is to visit their offices in Vancouver for a prescription. Will contact them and see.

EDIT: Okay, apparently JoeTillman talked a bit about this here: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...asteride/page2

Murray Avenue Apothecary pharmacy can make a topical fin for you; i don't personally use it since i take oral fin. they are located in Pittsburgh, PA, and you can google them. you can get an online prescription from a website called Medical Wellness Center i think.

i order a custom minoxidil from them.

Is that the same thing though? Sounds a lot better than visiting Canada for a 30-minute appointment, but I'd be afraid of it not working, then believing I just don't respond to topical fin when in actuality H&W's formulation is just somehow different.

Whoever this hanson and wong is, they are not making their own topical fin. they are just going to send it to a compounding pharmacy like the one i told you about, and then resell it to you. does topical fin work? who knows. they are gonna tell you it works so that you will buy it regardless. only one way to find out is to try.

from what I'm read, the topical fin may still be absorbed systemically from the scalp and might give you the same sides as oral fin. so i wouldn't really go that route unless you have really bad sides to fin, and want to see if the topical will give you less sides. also, there might be the chance that the topical fin doesn't even absorb into the scalp, and you are basically wasting your time, and its all bullshit.

my advice, just do the tried and true tested oral fin. topical fin doesn't sound like a miracle cure of any sorts. if you want to experiment, go with your username RU

Quote Originally Posted by RU58841 View Post
    Is that the same thing though? Sounds a lot better than visiting Canada for a 30-minute appointment, but I'd be afraid of it not working, then believing I just don't respond to topical fin when in actuality H&W's formulation is just somehow different.

Not so sure about that: I heard back from them in an email. They said they're working on a new formulation that won't be available for 2-3 months. (There are more details about their formulations in that other thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by RU58841 View Post
    Not so sure about that: I heard back from them in an email. They said they're working on a new formulation that won't be available for 2-3 months. (There are more details about their formulations in that other thread.)
    huh?? What did they say? Why new formulation? Any other information, like whether or not we still have to travel to Canada to get it? Any reports of side effects? What's going on? Also, is this liquid or cream.... anyone know?

There's more information here:
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...asteride/page2

Basically, Joe said that Merck owns the patent to topical finasteride even though they don't make or sell a topical finasteride, so the only legal way to get it from H&W is with a prescription. Although I don't know why they require an in-person visit when Murray Avenue Apothecary accepts online evaluations/prescriptions (whatever that means).

Not sure why there's a new formulation, they didn't tell me. I wonder if it's the topical dutasteride they were talking about? As for liquid or cream, I'd like to know the answer to that too. Obviously I'll be emailing them again in 2 months and will keep everybody here apprised.