+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile How many people went on fin with good hair?

do most people starting fin/dut already have hardly any hair?

Thus they assume it shouldn't affect the hairline negatively.

I've had a mature hairline since I was like 6. I remember once shaving the front of my hair to even it out. Lol.

Then I had a accident and from it hair stopped growing on top of my head where I smashed it.

So I jumped on fin thinking it may help the patch finally get hair and maybe straighten out my hairline.

Unfortunately it made things worse. My hairline had completely gone on the left side.

Is dut the only pill that helps hairlines?

I got on fin with good hair. In approx. 9 months I can tell you whether it has really done me any good or not (hairline wise and overal seen)

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I got on fin with good hair. In approx. 9 months I can tell you whether it has really done me any good or not (hairline wise and overal seen)
    Good man.
    I have this nagging feeling that people who say fin doesn't damage the hairline went on it already after having no hairline.

It would explain why me and some others hairlines went to crap on the stuff .

In my case it regrew my hair line and kept it intact for two years. Now after 4years on it I am receding at very high rate and also developing vertex baldness.

I was a NW1 with slightly receding temples when I got on 0.5mg Propecia. Within a month of starting it I got crazy burning/itching scalp and my MPB accelerated rapidly, thinning in the area where the burning was worst. I came off Fin after 2 months. It's been 3 months since I quit Fin and the itching/burning continues every day. I'm now a NW2 with thinning behind the temples which was completely thick before I took Fin. It's caused by Finasteride upregulating your androgen receptors while on it, making them more sensitive to Test/DHT. Fin has definitely made my hairloss worse. Look up reflex hyperandrogenicity and Finasteride upregulation.

Was already bit receded.....

Only maintained everything when I started...

Quote Originally Posted by VegetaDBZ View Post
    Was already bit receded.....

Only maintained everything when I started...
    How long U been on for

Quote Originally Posted by Dench57 View Post
    I was a NW1 with slightly receding temples when I got on 0.5mg Propecia. Within a month of starting it I got crazy burning/itching scalp and my MPB accelerated rapidly, thinning in the area where the burning was worst. I came off Fin after 2 months. It's been 3 months since I quit Fin and the itching/burning continues every day. I'm now a NW2 with thinning behind the temples which was completely thick before I took Fin. It's caused by Finasteride upregulating your androgen receptors while on it, making them more sensitive to Test/DHT. Fin has definitely made my hairloss worse. Look up reflex hyperandrogenicity and Finasteride upregulation.
    What that's so odd/scary.. U got pics?

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Jason1001, This August Ill be on Finasteride for 2 years..no bad sides' and I have been experiencing decent improvements, ongoing too.
    Check out my thread, "Artista and Finasteride" on page 15 and 18 I have posted
    -before and after photos.
    Keep in mind that my improvements because of Finasteride are still ONGOING!
    Cheers to you and welcome.
    here is my thread link~~~~
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...steride/page18

Possible but never proven. Like a lot of things its just another one that no one the answers to yet. Could be the T spike from fin and some men are more sensitive to T than others. IMO T certainly isnt good for hair either. We need CB or RU to show us how important T really is in the MPB process or was it always just DHT alone. I think T being so abundant in men is a pretty big factor in MPB even if DHT is reduced. They are both androgens so its hard for me to see how T does absolutely nothing.

"It's caused by Finasteride upregulating your androgen receptors while on it, making them more sensitive to Test/DHT. Fin has definitely made my hairloss worse. Look up reflex hyperandrogenicity and Finasteride upregulation."