+ Reply to Thread

Default DS Healthcare begins shipping oral tablet Integra (Astressin-B / Oenothein-B)

Remember reading about this quite some time ago, it's apparently finally out to market. Press release below...

DS Healthcare Begins Shipping Its Hair Regrowth Tablets Integra(r) On May 8th

Pompano Beach, Fla., April 27, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DS Healthcare Group, Inc. (DSKX), a leading developer of personal care products, today announced that it will begin shipping its IntegraŽ hair growth support tablets to Mexico and other international markets. This announcement comes on the heels of the Continuum launch on April 24th.

IntegraŽ contains a unique composition of ingredients and it is the first oral tablet to contain Astressin-B and Oenothein-B. Astressin-B is a complex peptide that has shown in landmark research that it can reduce the effects of Corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) involved in the stress response. CRH is associated with many other diseases and is also believed to have a direct impact on hair loss, particularly in people who are currently predisposed to hair loss and thinning hair.

"Hair loss supplement tablets have recently gained significant popularity, particularly in the European and South American markets. Our competitors produce tablets that are primarily vitamin and mineral based, and are generally known to have limited efficacy other than in people who are deficient in certain nutrients. Another alternative is finasteride therapy which carries the potential risk of adverse side effects. We view our new IntegraŽ tablet as truly revolutionary, with an entirely new mechanism of action. We are extremely excited about its efficacy and the impact it will have to further improve results. Physicians will now be provided with this meaningful tool to help combat hair loss issues. This will also potentially be a big revenue driver for our Company and shareholders in various international markets" stated DS Healthcare President and CEO Daniel Khesin.

Fernando Tamez, M.D., CEO of Divine Skin Laboratories S.A., a wholly owned subsidiary in Mexico of DS Healthcare Group added, "our distribution is growing very rapidly and we are anticipating strong demand for a new tablet such as Integra which is expected to contribute to our nearly 30% year-over-year revenue increase. After 2 years of research and development our customers are thrilled that it's finally here and our network of dermatologists are eager and ready to begin recommending it in their practices. There has never been anything like this in our market and the acceptance of Integra will fit perfectly in our rapidly expanding and growing model in Mexico."

About DS Healthcare Group

DS Healthcare Group Inc. leads in the development of biotechnology for topical therapies. It markets through online and specialty retailers, distributors, cosmetics wholesalers, and salons. Its research has led to a highly innovative portfolio of personal care products and additional innovations in pharmaceutical projects. For more information on DS Health Group's flagship brand, visit www.dslaboratories.com

Inactive

Is science behind this solid?

This sounds like a pretty weak or borderline snake oil product. Not much evidence it works that I ever saw.

Where is the evidence that this does anything? The miracle hair loss cure and nothing about hair counts and not even a few measly photos? I remember reading and getting excited about Astressin-b back in 2011 when it first was discovered to boost hair growth in mice that were genetically predisposed to hair loss. The thing to remember about the mice studies is that the Astressin-b was injected, not given topically or orally.

DS labs also markets a topical with Astressin-b that most people agree does nothing. I still think Astressin-b has potential, but this sounds like a case of scammers taking advantage of the positive buzz around something to make a few quick bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Where is the evidence that this does anything? The miracle hair loss cure and nothing about hair counts and not even a few measly photos? I remember reading and getting excited about Astressin-b back in 2011 when it first was discovered to boost hair growth in mice that were genetically predisposed to hair loss.
    I'm curious why they are skipping the US market. But I don't think they or anyone is claiming this is a cure. Oenothein-B inhibits 5 alpha-reductase. I am curious how Astressin-b will perform (or not) orally. DS Labs site specifically said Astressin-b compliments other therapies (with the Spectral spray which didn't seem to do anything for the majority of men, people were saying it was dosed too low from what I remember).

But I don't think they or anyone is claiming this is a cure.
    Having an effective hair loss treatment besides fin, minox, and (possibly) ketoconazole would be considered a miracle by most on these forums, and the release of such a product would be huge news.

DS Labs site specifically said Astressin-b compliments other therapies (with the Spectral spray which didn't seem to do anything for the majority of men, people were saying it was dosed too low from what I remember).
    Those are classic weasel words. You can take that to mean "there is not a shred of evidence that this does anything, but at least it won't interfere with the other treatments you're taking (fin and minox) that might actually work." I personally think Astressin-b has potential, but I would expect the worst from a company that put out that spray crap. From what I read, the issue wasn't dosage at all, but vehicle and delivery mechanisms. The mice in the study received injections. You wouldn't just put insulin in an ointment and give it to diabetics to rub it on their skin. I have to imagine the same applies here.

One of the classic scammer tactics is to take something that works (e.g. minox) and mix in a bunch of unproven ingredients that have some positive buzz (vitamins, peptides, etc) and then charge more for it. Without proper studies, any results are attributed to the exotic new ingredient. They follow the cutting edge stuff just like we do, so they know what buzz words get the hair loss community excited. As long as they cite science that is kind of plausible they get away with it. Mark my words, it's only a matter of time before the scammers start releasing all kinds of dubious and unproven products that contain stem cells, WNT proteins, copper ions, probiotics, and whatever else makes the evening news.