+ Reply to Thread

Default Electrical Stimulation?

Had a random thought the other day and I want to know what you guys think.

Laser Helmets and laser devices supposedly work by getting the blood flowing in the scalp. When blood flow increases to a certain area healing is encouraged.

I used to work at a physical therapy clinic and we would use Electrical Stimulation on our patients injured areas to encourage healing and getting those muscles to move. Im sure blood flow in these areas was also increased due to the electric current pulsing through

Does anyone here think that low level electrical current/stimulation could help with hair growth?
    I mean in theory it would get blood flowing more freely and should help encourage healing where the electric nodes are attached.

I saw some over the counter electric stimulation devices being sold and that's what gave me this thought. Can anyone lend any further evidence to this or perhaps to totally shoot this idea down?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    Had a random thought the other day and I want to know what you guys think.

Laser Helmets and laser devices supposedly work by getting the blood flowing in the scalp. When blood flow increases to a certain area healing is encouraged.

I used to work at a physical therapy clinic and we would use Electrical Stimulation on our patients injured areas to encourage healing and getting those muscles to move. Im sure blood flow in these areas was also increased due to the electric current pulsing through

Does anyone here think that low level electrical current/stimulation could help with hair growth?
    I mean in theory it would get blood flowing more freely and should help encourage healing where the electric nodes are attached.

I saw some over the counter electric stimulation devices being sold and that's what gave me this thought. Can anyone lend any further evidence to this or perhaps to totally shoot this idea down?
    Thanks
    yes direct current may work,

there is a journal article just released on this

I think there has been several of threads in here on this subject. People tend to be very negative, and surely if it was well backed up we would know.

Anyway, for males we know hair loss is strongly linked with dihydrotestosterone. So, first you have to tackle that one. If not you are just bringing more androgens to the hair follicles and potentially killing them off quicker - if a great blood flow does result in androgens connecting to the receptors of the follicles.

This would be like PRP? Which also haven't come across as that good either. At least I haven't seen much good from it. Might work better on malnourished individuals.

Surely if these things were great there would be overwhelming evidence for it by now.

I think what you would be referring to would be a 'Violet Ray' device which has been used before with little or no effect. There is ample evidence of it's use in basically every hair loss forum, a quick search on your favourite search engine will reveal all the results but do keep in mind that as with everything there seems to be a trend of super excitement (placebo) followed by silence or admission of failure but most times people just move on without notice and tend to crop up again on the next wave of trends to try their luck.

There's the Israeli Pilox treatment that's out now or soon which uses electrically charged copper/zinc ions.. if I remember right. I read about it at ***, I assume there's a thread about it here. I think it was considered to be a scam. It sounded interesting anyhow.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I had no idea its actually been tried before. And now hearing trenblastoise reasoning I see it may be more harmful than beneficial.

Yes, you're right. Due to the small current discharges, the blood pressure in the vessels increases so that the soft tissues are healed, and so the physiotherapeutic effect is produced. But you have to be careful when you visit such procedures. Do not be lazy to find out if the wiring is in good condition and what wires are copper or aluminum. If they are copper, then you can be calm. If they are aluminum, you should refuse the procedure because it is easier to ignite. If you have a home physical therapy device, then ask the professionals to replace the wires if there is aluminum. There are plenty of such services nowadays, one of them being https://www.tidalelectricalservices....ng-mitigation/. Tell us more about your experience with such devices?