+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

In the next 1-2 years, we may see:

Follicept (fingers crossed)

Pilox XIII (waiting to see more)

Breezula (maybe a little longer than 2 years)

Fin/dut in Lipo solution (exists)

Maybe Diane 35 in a lipo soltion (exists, not in lipo. Unsure of sides)

so, maybe not a cure in the next 1-2 years, but about 100 times more options than we've had thus far.... so that is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Yeah. Hopefully breezula (cb-03-01)will come through and display and excellent pharmacokinetic profile with a favorable profile in side effects. I don't see bimatoprost, sm, follicept (biggest joke) beating out minoxidil, it's just not going to happen. There is a reason why in the history of medicine no single compound can grow hair as good as potassium channel openers. For setipriprant, I don't see any chance at all too. No way that the pathology of AGA is prostaglandin based imo. It's just a hypothesis nothing more. But we'll see. I do feel for the guys who have to rely on those "treatments", I really do.

To comment on the highlighted part I fully agree with you. A drug isn't going to come in and act as a cure, and even beating out minoxidil is extremely hard. Someone pointed out this dude this week;

http://s7.postimg.org/5ze4z0z2z/image.jpg
    http://s4.postimg.org/u7eulyvzx/image.jpg

This guy is pretty much on castration levels and estrogen and only 4 months in, these are some extreme growth numbers. Estrogen is pretty much the only compound known to achieve (full) reversal of androgenetic alopecia, but not always. There are more of these sick pictures around of other people who are on estrogen.

When you then look at how estrogen works and acts on downstream factors it's baffling; http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/...0/er.2006-0020.

Not only that estrogen is capable of having impact on many cell fate major regulatory pathways and the latest consensus in AGA research shows these are highly implicated in the pathology. Minoxidil is kinda the same thing, works on many levels downstream.

So that kinda makes you think, how in the hell is a drug going to act as a cure which acts on pathway(s)? It's highly unrealistic to expect this as you pointed out. I assume that if we would need to act on the pathways that really matter in the latest research it would be unsafe too.

We have preventative cure's available. A recent study of dutasteride shows that it is successful in maintaining hair in 95%+ of people in a study of 500+ people. We just need a compound with an excellent side effect profile, perhaps breezula will step in here. Prevention is where it's at.

I see donor regeneration being the most realistic thing short term too, while cell culture keeps perfecting itself. I just hope that more people like Dr. Wesley will take the initiative to innovate. The science is there, the concept is there. All it needs is tweaking and the tweaking can be done in vivo directly on humans. That is awesome imo.
    nice read, swooping. I hope you are wrong about the SM04554 part, though.

Samumed believes its possible to "control the fate of latent human progenitor stem cells" with their wnt agonists.

I know topical VPA didnt grow back much hair but this seems to be way stronger