+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Why? Because some people are nuts and find this type of stuff entertaining, and it doesn't stop here either. There was a guy that was exposed a couple of weeks ago for being a troll. He is actually registered on this site. Admittedly has a full head of hair with no loss. Posts nothing but anti fin posts and links to fin sides articles. Why would he do this? Who the hell knows?

Oh and he also goes to weight loss websites and craps all over over weight people too. Total scum bag.
    Would you mind sharing who this is/was? Just out of interest.

On another note, this thread was pretty fun to read. Esp when he talked about how this forum was "very very valuable" to the big company he worked for lol. Good job OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Would you mind sharing who this is/was? Just out of interest.

On another note, this thread was pretty fun to read. Esp when he talked about how this forum was "very very valuable" to the big company he worked for lol. Good job OP.
    If he posts his nonsense again, I will expose him at that time. I really don't want to give him anymore attention then he deserves.

I also got a very huge laugh when the OP wrote how valuable this site was, and how they will rely on users for trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Why? Because some people are nuts and find this type of stuff entertaining, and it doesn't stop here either. There was a guy that was exposed a couple of weeks ago for being a troll. He is actually registered on this site. Admittedly has a full head of hair with no loss. Posts nothing but anti fin posts and links to fin sides articles. Why would he do this? Who the hell knows?

Oh and he also goes to weight loss websites and craps all over over weight people too. Total scum bag.

Just something to think about before you believe the next post by one of us random internet guys.
    I have no reason to doubt the original poster however I find no compelling reason to believe him either and as such I will file this one under 'Meh' I might even go so far as to assume this was a well intentioned post in some regards but overall it has failed to really achieve anything if not much at all.

The most important thing in this thread is the above quote which contains a very strong message. This is an open forum of mostly complete strangers therefore everything must be individually processed with a logical and balanced mind.
    It's very easy to swept into it all particularly when you first enter these online hair loss communities.

I don't post very often however I am sure I have posted some silly things in my time (perhaps to vent) however I don't post often because I have nothing to contribute within my own first hand experience which would be of benefit to the community and I guess there are also a great many of us that are in the same boat... that is not to discount the validity and importance of the members of this community and others that are constantly posting and researching in a more public and vocal manner.
    It's nice to read informative posts here and there every now and then though.

I have been around for a fair while (perhaps not as long as many of you) and have witnessed a lot of highs and lows since however I don't bother getting involved in the political aspect or may I say seedy underbelly of the online hair loss world but I do believe there are many trolls, casual trolls, direct trolls and indirect trolls that are serving god knows who or what agenda but it can be quite off putting and disturbing at times.

btw you're still cool :P

Quote Originally Posted by tf2legend View Post
    you do realize 99 % of people don't treat their hair loss right? Even if some new drug came out with good maintenance a lot of people still wouldn't use it.

Anyways this thread needs to be deleted, the guy is an obvious troll with the grammar of a 13 year old
    Of course most people don't seek treatment. If there was something that could turn a Norwood 7 to a Norwood 1 for $5 some people still wouldn't do it.

What I'm saying however is that technically guaranteed maintenance is a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    You realize Merck doesn't make any money nor did they ever make much on Propecia? The idea that pharma is stopping cures from coming to protect profits is beyond delusional.
    Explain this to joachim because he doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by tf2legend View Post
    Anyways this thread needs to be deleted ...
    Deleted? Why? It was so funny. Such big words in the title and nothing of substance in the post. Oh wait, he said that this forum and especially some members are very valuable to the big pharma's research. That alone was the post of the month.

Hard to tell if the original poster is legit or not. A lot of what he says is definitely true. Doubt big pharma is interested in anything that is not much better than propecia, which they didn't make much money on. We haven't seen any interest from the top companies in putting out something that is like propecia but side effect free. Doubt they care about people getting side effects, especially since propecia is touted as being side effect free. As Ive said before, propecia is the worst thing to happen to the hair loss industry, it damages people's bodies, and yes works to some degree, but its existence has slowed down attempts to get better things out there. HT docs are complicit in this when they prescribe something that they know is not safe. we could def at least have a safe anti androgen by now.

I doubt a drug based cure will ever happen for baldness, its just too multifaceted a condition, its not a disease like aids or hepatitis where there is a virus or antigen to kill. There are so many pathways and genetic variation involved, there may be better drugs than propecia possible for sure, but nothing is going to turn a norwood 7 into a norwood 0 except cell based science or genetic engineering. It might be possible using a combination of drugs, but big pharma isn't going to pursue this either. Big pharma can suck a dick, the cure is going to come from a lab (likely asian) that is willing to go down the road of hair regeneration using cells. A cure using stem cells is highly possible and probably in the future, and will not be spearheaded by big pharma.

This post further emphasizes how much we need to take this into our own hands as far as maintaining what we have, because no one is gonna rescue us with an amazing drug. We gotta get on what is available on the black market.