+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How big is the chance of getting gynecomastia while on finasteride?

Hey everybody,

My first post in here, but I've been lurking sites like this for nearly a year now. I'm 19 and I'm pretty sure I'm experiencing MPB. I always wanted to make an account on here and ask for advice but never got to it. But now I have finally decided to start fighting my MPB and I would like some advice.

I have read about the side effects of Finasteride, including erectile dysfunction and gynecomastia. But I was wondering how big the chance was of getting these side effects was and how big the chance is that they're permanent?

I would like to keep my hair, but everyone I've spoken to me tells me that finasteride messes with my hormones too much and **** my life.

thanks in advance for the advice

Hi drip,

Welcome to the community of fighters! You are on the right way.

As about the side effects, I'd like to tell that sexual side effects like inability to become erect, low sexual drive, are common, however as it is reported, they disappear in a month or two. It is just the time till your body adjusts to the medicine during treatment. Not all men report this side effect, so do not worry about it and do not overthink the problem. I take generic finasteride and haven't had such problems. And there are many men who will tell you the same.

Gynecomastia is less common side effect. In case you will seem any discomfort and enlargement of breasts, it is better to consult a doctor and to adjust the dosage or even stop the treatment. But again, everything is individual and you should not focus on this, as self-suggestion will not make a good job for you.
    Hope it helped.

It's all in your head.

Loss of libido was reported in the placebo group while studying Finasteride. The increase in T and decrease in DHT is not going to significantly elevate E2 levels. However, everyone is built differently.

Quote Originally Posted by drip View Post
    Hey everybody,

My first post in here, but I've been lurking sites like this for nearly a year now. I'm 19 and I'm pretty sure I'm experiencing MPB. I always wanted to make an account on here and ask for advice but never got to it. But now I have finally decided to start fighting my MPB and I would like some advice.

I have read about the side effects of Finasteride, including erectile dysfunction and gynecomastia. But I was wondering how big the chance was of getting these side effects was and how big the chance is that they're permanent?

I would like to keep my hair, but everyone I've spoken to me tells me that finasteride messes with my hormones too much and **** my life.

thanks in advance for the advice
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny41 View Post
    Hi drip,

Welcome to the community of fighters! You are on the right way.

As about the side effects, I'd like to tell that sexual side effects like inability to become erect, low sexual drive, are common, however as it is reported, they disappear in a month or two. It is just the time till your body adjusts to the medicine during treatment. Not all men report this side effect, so do not worry about it and do not overthink the problem. I take generic finasteride and haven't had such problems. And there are many men who will tell you the same.

Gynecomastia is less common side effect. In case you will seem any discomfort and enlargement of breasts, it is better to consult a doctor and to adjust the dosage or even stop the treatment. But again, everything is individual and you should not focus on this, as self-suggestion will not make a good job for you.
    Hope it helped.
    Thanks a lot. What would you recommend me as a starting dose? If I were to notice Gynecomastia side effects and stopped the dosage would it go away by itself or is a surgical procedure necessary?

Also last question how much would generic finasteride cost me?

Quote Originally Posted by BiqqieSmalls View Post
    It's all in your head.

Loss of libido was reported in the placebo group while studying Finasteride. The increase in T and decrease in DHT is not going to significantly elevate E2 levels. However, everyone is built differently.
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I read about those studies. But I still have a fear of gynecomastia, since I go to the gym 4 times a week, would like to avoid a side effect like that

Gyno incidence is very low. Even the guys who claim gyno really have extra fat deposits there, which is different from actual gyno which involves glandular growth.

Thanks a lot. What would you recommend me as a starting dose? If I were to notice Gynecomastia side effects and stopped the dosage would it go away by itself or is a surgical procedure necessary?

Also last question how much would generic finasteride cost me?
    Well, I started with 1 mg per day.

I am not a doctor and could not give you an adequate answer about how the gynecomastia will be treated, but I think that physically active guys can get rid of any excess fat on all the body including the fat in the breasts.

As about the price, I buy a month supply (30 pills) of generic finasteride at $36. Moreover, the website I buy it from, offers significant discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny41 View Post
    Well, I started with 1 mg per day.

I am not a doctor and could not give you an adequate answer about how the gynecomastia will be treated, but I think that physically active guys can get rid of any excess fat on all the body including the fat in the breasts.

As about the price, I buy a month supply (30 pills) of generic finasteride at $36. Moreover, the website I buy it from, offers significant discounts.
    Could you send me a link to this site? Do they deliver world wide because I live in Europe, The Netherlands to be more specific so I need a site that accepts payment from paypal/iDeal and delivers to where I live

Could you send me a link to this site? Do they deliver world wide because I live in Europe, The Netherlands to be more specific so I need a site that accepts payment from paypal/iDeal and delivers to where I live
    In The Netherlands you can buy generic finasteride 1mg pills, ~30eu for a month supply I believe. It's called "Finasteride 1mg TEVA". I believe there are other generic brands available as well in the pharmacy, just ask in your local one.

however, ordering online would be cheaper as I've seen sites where you can get 30 5mg pills finasteride for as little as $15 or something like that. That's literally a 5 month supply for only $3/month. Don't know if every site sells legit finasteride though.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    In The Netherlands you can buy generic finasteride 1mg pills, ~30eu for a month supply I believe. It's called "Finasteride 1mg TEVA". I believe there are other generic brands available as well in the pharmacy, just ask in your local one.

however, ordering online would be cheaper as I've seen sites where you can get 30 5mg pills finasteride for as little as $15 or something like that. That's literally a 5 month supply for only $3/month. Don't know if every site sells legit finasteride though.
    I can't find it anywhere, could you recommend me a site? What site do you use to order fina ?