+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 outlook.

I don't really put much attention into treatments that are more than likely snake oil. I think pilox is a joke.

Nice post, FearTheLoss. We were due for one of these "current state of the research" type discussions. I too have been around here long enough to remember when it seemed like Histogen or Aderans would have something coming to market just about now. Sad. At least we've been pleasantly surprised by a few things that seemed to come out of nowhere, like SM.

By the way, aren't you leaving out the hair cloning studies at National Taiwan University? I was under the impression they had recruited a large number of people and that a trial was ongoing, or did I miss something? Please don't tell me they failed already!

I think SM is probably the most interesting thing going right now. Wnt is so important for hair growth, and a number of growth promoters (Minoxidil, PSI, VPA) involve this pathway. I have a feeling it will be part of the solution, whatever that might be. Would love to see what the results are.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Nice post, FearTheLoss. We were due for one of these "current state of the research" type discussions. I too have been around here long enough to remember when it seemed like Histogen or Aderans would have something coming to market just about now. Sad. At least we've been pleasantly surprised by a few things that seemed to come out of nowhere, like SM.

By the way, aren't you leaving out the hair cloning studies at National Taiwan University? I was under the impression they had recruited a large number of people and that a trial was ongoing, or did I miss something? Please don't tell me they failed already!
    Yeah I don't know much about it, so I kind of put it under the stuff with working on the real cure. I think they finish with that work around 2017? I haven't really read that much into it. There is so much work going on that we don't even know about.

KO1, yeah SM is really interesting. I wish we had a way of seeing what their phase I results were, even though it's just for assessing safety, they had to have seen something impressive to conduct such a MASSIVE phase II trial in the U.S., in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Yeah I don't know much about it, so I kind of put it under the stuff with working on the real cure. I think they finish with that work around 2017? I haven't really read that much into it. There is so much work going on that we don't even know about.

KO1, yeah SM is really interesting. I wish we had a way of seeing what their phase I results were, even though it's just for assessing safety, they had to have seen something impressive to conduct such a MASSIVE phase II trial in the U.S., in my opinion.
    Histogen had very good results, maybe one of the best, but the main problem is that their stem cells have risk to cause cancer, so probably they should investigate a lot more. That was also same with the russian hairloss reaserchers and papers. Stem cells are the future potential cure/better treatments, but scientist have a lot work to do to bring them like treatment.

To bring cure for something you should firstly understand what brings you to that condition. Science is only on half way to solve hairloss puzzle and thats way is hard to make good treatment, because we still dont understand the science behind AGA.

Quick note on Histogen: they said they are going to start phase 2 B in Japan this year.

Apparently Histogen is not completely dead (yet) as they are currently looking for funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Quick note on Histogen: they said they are going to start phase 2 B in Japan this year.
    I hate hearing the word "going to".

Nice summary, feartheloss !

Interesting point in the Nieves PGD2 paper:

Classic developmental pathways controlling hair morpho-
    genesis likely will not be directly affected in a disease such
    as AGA.
    a. Many potent developmental pathways have been shown to
    modulate hair follicle function [wnts, shh for example (57)].
    However, if these pathways were directly modulated by
    androgens in AGA, for example, the phenotype of AGA
    would likely be considerably broader. A more plausible
    model is that AGA will modulate upstream pathways, which
    only indirectly modulate these very powerful developmental
    pathways. Prostaglandins might be that modulating factor.

I think we have been assuming that pgd2 is very downstream of the AR....but it looks like Garza thinks these rare more well...midstream.