+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Which one do you mean?

Replicel their ~6% mean hair growth clinical trial results till now?

Or Histogen ~7.5%?

In comparison minoxidil can yield ~30%+ difference in guys who respond well. Sure they work though.
    Stem cell works very good, but we need time and patience to understand them much better. The difference between people who take only drugs after heart failure and people who took stem cell in their heart is like ground and sky.

The problem with stem cells are that they can work bad also, so we need a lot of understanding and experiments before we use them.

Didn't want to open a new thread because it is not that important, so i am just asking the question here. Is this marketing BS or these caffein products can slow down hair loss? Anyone tried them?

http://www.biznews.com/health/2015/0...man-scientist/

Quote Originally Posted by ko1 View Post
    vpa itself gives you 5% growth. I think everybody can add this to their regimen.
    vpa?

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Stem cell works very good, but we need time and patience to understand them much better. The difference between people who take only drugs after heart failure and people who took stem cell in their heart is like ground and sky.

The problem with stem cells are that they can work bad also, so we need a lot of understanding and experiments before we use them.
    Sure. Obviously one day they will work way better. However the growth rates both shown by Replicel & Histogen are horrible at the moment. Minoxidil crushes those numbers.

I'm all for optimism but it all still looks a bit vague from where I'm standing. No one can seem to agree on what potential products will do what. And that's just for starters.

We will know a lot more at the end of 2015/beginning of 2016 as trials are finishing up and results are being posted. (CB, SM, Bim)

We should expect to see bimatoprost next year. Allergan seems to have proceeded with trials and not have released any information on phase 2b (which is a good sign). Also, everyone should be thrilled about Kythera and setipiprant because they just received unanimous approval for their double chin reduction treatment. Which means, the only drug in their pipeline currently is setipiprant for hair loss. All of their efforts will be focused on this.

Kythera has to run a POC, and if it proves to work (which it will) it will take 6 months to determine, then they can jump into a phase 3. In order to have this treatment approved, they have to file an NDA (New drug application), which can be done after POC, because they will have determined the efficacy. About a year or so later, it can be approved. We're looking at less than a year for bimatoprost, and approx. 2 years for setipiprant.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    We should expect to see bimatoprost next year. Allergan seems to have proceeded with trials and not have released any information on phase 2b (which is a good sign). Also, everyone should be thrilled about Kythera and setipiprant because they just received unanimous approval for their double chin reduction treatment. Which means, the only drug in their pipeline currently is setipiprant for hair loss. All of their efforts will be focused on this.

Kythera has to run a POC, and if it proves to work (which it will) it will take 6 months to determine, then they can jump into a phase 3. In order to have this treatment approved, they have to file an NDA (New drug application), which can be done after POC, because they will have determined the efficacy. About a year or so later, it can be approved. We're looking at less than a year for bimatoprost, and approx. 2 years for setipiprant.

How do you know trials with Bim are proceeding ?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    How do you know trials with Bim are proceeding ?
    I'm not exactly certain, but it says on clinicaltrials.gov that the study is ongoing but not recruiting participants. If the phase 2b results were no good, we would have heard about it because they would have scrapped the study. Like I've said earlier, there was a record breaking acquisition after the phase 2b was completed, the stock is through the roof, and kythera is trialling setipiprant, now the only drug in their pipeline. That's quite a risk to be taking if you are Kythera, no? All your eggs in one basket....

They say wait till next year to find out the results - why? Because that's when it'll be released, and we can know how effective it is when they have a product to sell us.

...there can't possibly be any reason other than that they want to get this out to the public. Why wait a year if it has failed?