+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Don't blame the guy. He's apparently one of those people who call themselves "optimists" and he seems to be new to the hair loss research world. When they hear about a new product under experiment they get all excited and they really believe the cure is just around the corner. We see this kind of people all the time. They see/hear the usual "in the next 5 years..." and they believe it. Of course, any one who's been following hair loss news would know that this "in the next 5-10 years..." has been used by the so-called researchers for the past 40 years or so. Like they say, if I got a penny every time I heard the "in the next 5 years...." I would be a millionaire. I would also say the same thing about the number of articles talking about a new "cure" being developed.... Now, I don't even bother when I see an article talking about hair loss research because I know it's just there to fill some empty space on a paper or a website and because I know for a fact it WILL end with the same old "in the next 5...." garbage. I remember just a couple of years back every one was excited about 2014 being the year we were going to hear some major breakthrough in hair loss research... Well,.... And this "researchers were successful in growing hair on bald mice/or a human ear on a mouse", isn't this something from like 10 or 15 years back ? And we're still waiting...

Like I said before, wake me up when they're about to present us with a Norwood 5 who now has a full head of hair.

"Optimism is the delusional belief that things are (or were, or will be) better than they really are (or were, or will be)".

Optimism: hopefulness and confidence about the future or the successful outcome of something. Sounds a hell of a lot better than the general nihilistic approach some of you seem to be taking.

I'm not optimistic or pessimistic. I think hair regeneration will take another decade at least. Too long for me. I think better treatments are about 5 years away, not from reading articles but from what is in trials right now. Saying hair regeneration will never occur is like saying we will always use gasoline to power cars. Past progress is not determinant of future progress. Science is changing exponentially.

1 I have a every right to be on this forum, the same right as everybody else, why would you ask me that question? is it because my opinion differs to yours?

2 tren were is the sceintific evidence, you claim to have? Please can you provide this peer reviewed sceintific evidence? can you introduce me to someone you know who has had this treatment successfully and show their results?

3 they have not, and will not, produce any evidence, on the contrary it is you who should be worrrying as this evidence has not, and will not be produced to support your argument, not now or in the forseeable future.

4 dht, nothing wrong with being an optimist, however this is a results industry, so I would refer to people who believe in this unproven technique as `living in hope` again contrary to what most doctors would advise as managing expectations.

5 Gerhard much better to be a realist, and be educated and informed than throw your money away and possibly harm oneself

6 Surfin how is the RU going would you reccommend RU to your freinds and family?

Not even worth my time. We are in model-t days. One day a Ferrari will be built. Things take time. Things don't work on your schedule, but medical science is on the edge of huge changes. RU works great. Side effects suck. Propecia stalled the market for a decade or so. That's not that long, and new treatments are not far off. Cell based technology is in the works in every aspect of medicine, from hair to skin to bones to organs. It'll happen when it happens, but it surely will. And hair is easier than other things.

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post

5 Gerhard much better to be a realist, and be educated and informed than throw your money away and possibly harm oneself
    I don't plan on using it or throwing money at it and gave no indication of doing so. I wished them luck on their endeavor and nothing more. Curious to see what unfolds due to their work. I have no reason to depreciate and chide their work until it is proven to be of no use. Even if it is, its good to see people working in this field.

Do you even read what I write or just assume I'm bandwagoning it because I'm not a nihilist about it?

Below is why you do not listen to people like surfin, Quote....

My prostate and my balls both hurt mildly, and my hair feels great. Not sure if messing with my balls and prostate is a good idea, but i will try to ride it out for a while. If I can get my hands on OC and BIM at a reasonable rate though I'm definitely getting off the RU. Blocking PGD2 is so much safer, DHT basically makes your body feel manly and good.

Gerhard, do you read what I write, I am just asking for proof to support what you say? nothing wrong with blind optimism but admit to it as such

Gerhard, do you read what I write, I am just asking for proof to support what you say? nothing wrong with blind optimism but admit to it as such
    Seriously, do you read what I write? I made no speculations. I did not say this would work. I did not say anything beyond the fact that I hope that they do well and that their research reaps some benefits for hair loss. I then also told you who gives a **** that 'cell' is in their name. What are you wanting me to prove with supporting evidence here? That I like wishing companies luck in hopefully curing us?

Gerhard You seem to have a problem with me taking what is in my opinion, a realistic approach to what is presented, whilst wanting me to support your ` optimistic` view, Im sorry if this upsets you, our opinions differ

Surfin

Please can you provide evidence as to why blocking ` PGD2 is so much safer ` I have no idea why this would be so, as I have no medical background, please can you explain and back up your explanation with your medical qualifications and experience

Thanks

Please can you provide evidence as to why blocking ` PGD2 is so much safer ` I have no idea why this would be so, please can you explain and back up your explanation with your qualifications and experience

Thanks
    When did I mention anything about PGD2 being safer in this entire thread?This thread has legitimately nothing to do with PGD2 or anything of the sort. As you pointed out it has cell in it's name - this is a cell based treatment.

Gerhard don't even try. Gotta just ignore the numb nuts on here (although my nuts are the ones that are actually numb on ru right now )