Theracell, new competitor in the hair regeneration field - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Theracell, new competitor in the hair regeneration field

http://theracell.eu/?page_id=2470

Theracell is currently working on the development of a new approach for hair regeneration. This treatment involves the collection of cells found around hair follicles in order to grow them in a lab. This cell-based hair follicle regeneration, is an injectable cell therapy product for hair regeneration through the creation of pre-follicular units, using a specific population of stem cells found in the hair follicle. The procedure is used for the generation of new hair follicles and the activation of existing ones.

The process is as follows:

A small amount of hair follicles (10-20) is collected by the plastic surgeon.
    The samples are transferred to our GMP certified laboratories, where a special type of stem cells that reside within the hair follicle are isolated and cultured for several weeks. The purpose of this stage is to end up with a large amount of cells.
    After the cell expansion stage, the hair follicle stem cells are grown in a 3-D culture, in order to obtain pre-follicular units.
    These pre-follicular units are then injected into the scalp. The scope is to generate new hair follicles and to activate the existing ones.
    The main advantage of the therapy is the fact that it is a minimally invasive and virtually painless technique.

I love seeing more companies enter the fray. More companies means more work and more work means more competition and more competition means harder work. I like that. I hope these guys have some fruitful endeavors.

I think it`s hilarious, how the marketing departments name these new products. The new names always contain a `cell` in them. They probably back this new product up with the old line `available in 5 years`. From my own experience with #cell, I would not go anywhere near this, or any other similar product! Buyer beware!

ej

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    I think it`s hilarious, how the marketing departments name these new products. The new names always contain a `cell` in them. They probably back this new product up with the old line `available in 5 years`. From my own experience with #cell, I would not go anywhere near this, or any other similar product! Buyer beware!

ej
    What would you like the cell based therapies to be called instead? Seems pretty understandable that they have that in their name. Berating the efficacy of a treatment based on an industry's name is beyond the realm of skeptical and into the realm of bitter. I'm not saying this product will work or that it isn't a bust. What I am saying is that you should just wait and see.

Gerhard,

I am sorry if you think I am berating it upon its name, this is not the case. I am merely poking fun at this latest attempt to decieve hair loss sufferers that the holy grail is just around the corner. I agree re waiting and seeing, and I would strongly advise anyone against being the `test pilot` for anything new.

I find there treatments for kidney regeneration, and cancer treatment much more interesting

Best

ej

Wow. Freaking' awesome. AGA will be a no-factor within 5 years guys I suppose if this continues. Especially with follicept in the game now. Completely agree with Gerhard that we should always welcome more players. The market seems to be really getting loaded lately which is a good thing. #BELIEVE.

Quote Originally Posted by swooping View Post
    #believe.
    lol yes

I have every confidence this company can end baldness with stem cell therapy, regenerate kidneys, and cure cancer, after all the company is based in the economic power house that is Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    I have every confidence this company can end baldness with stem cell therapy, regenerate kidneys, and cure cancer, after all the company is based in the economic power house that is Greece.
    Bahahaha!!!

Although, suppose greece opened up its doors for stem cell therapy... it would bring in some serious cash for them. Think about it:

Vacation in Greece and money spent no a hair loss treatment? Yeah, I'm down for that.

Wow you are all some bitter sarcastic mother****ers. The fact that it's in greece is funny, but someone is going to make new follicles in a similar fashion at one point or another. This has been in the works for a long time, and it won't be long. The japanese completed a whole bunch of studies with human follicles in mice this year that showed DP and DSC cells together can repair a follicle. Cell based treatments are where it's at.