+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Kythera Acquires Rights to PGD2 Blocking Setipriprant for New Hair Loss Treatment

setipiprant was shelved by the last company, and we didn't hear about any of their trial patients regrowing hair, even though that's not what they were testing it for. Still kinda intriguing, but even if it does help, how long will this take to get to market? Haven't even had a phase I yet. Also, can we get a hold of this stuff anywhere? Seems to have been safe for allergy sufferers to take in three trials, and should be easy enough to see if it works for hair.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    setipiprant was shelved by the last company, and we didn't hear about any of their trial patients regrowing hair, even though that's not what they were testing it for. Still kinda intriguing, but even if it does help, how long will this take to get to market? Haven't even had a phase I yet. Also, can we get a hold of this stuff anywhere? Seems to have been safe for allergy sufferers to take in three trials, and should be easy enough to see if it works for hair.
    Uhh, setipiprant has gone through 8 clinical trials, including a phase 3 study. I'm assuming it would need one trial for hair loss. Read the article.

"... Actelion will be eligible to receive up to $27 million in potential development and regulatory milestones, as well as royalties on sales if setipiprant is successfully commercialized.."

Wow, thats good money. Very interesting, thanks for posting

Chief Medical Officer of Kythera: "These observations are potentially the most innovative new thinking in hair loss over the last two decades (Think Propecia). Setipriprant is believed to directly affect this hair loss pathway, and our own preclinical and in vitro human hair models confirmed this effect. It is a well-characterized molecule with a large safety database and we believe we can quickly initiate a development program to study it in hair loss. Putting these two pieces of the puzzle together is ideal and represents an example of our approach to scientifically sound and efficient drug development."

If this isn't great news, I don't know what is.

This is huge new. Expect for articles and hopefully word from cotsarelis

It all sounds good, the only thing that bothers me is that Actelion shelved the drug and never mentioned anything about hair. I know that Graza ad Cots have been trying to find the right PGD2 drug for a while though, maybe this is a good candidate.

Setipiprant has been produced before and it has been tested to be safe. I assume that the ingredients are official... How can we get this stuff NOW?!

Kane? Crowfunding?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    It all sounds good, the only thing that bothers me is that Actelion shelved the drug and never mentioned anything about hair. I know that Graza ad Cots have been trying to find the right PGD2 drug for a while though, maybe this is a good candidate.
    Because they werent rubbing the stuff onto their heads. They were after astma... now they will probably develop a topical and test different doses

Its interesting that actelion will continue developing the stuff on their own.

Cotsarellis' research found elevated pgd2 in bald scalps.

Pgd2 receptors can be blocked by a safe clinically trialled drug.

A company has just acquired a worldwide patent for this drug, after a period of curious silence from cotsarelis.

Somebody wanna get Kane on this, IMMEDIATELY!!