+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default US to Turkey for procedure?

For the last several years, I have been doing whatever "research" I could to make a better decision than I did six years ago. Six years ago I had a local procedure without much knowledge of my overall options. I shouldn't use the word "butchered", but sometimes that's how I feel the first procedure went. Without going into too much detail of that procedure in this post, I was simply curious how many on here have traveled from the US to Turkey, specifically Istanbul. Like many others, I've noticed a greater reputation in Dr. Koray Erdogan's work, as well as Dr. Doganay.

With Dr. Doganay being located in Antalya, it's a lot closer to Syria and I've had my reservations, mainly around some of the conflict taking place in the region on what seems like a daily basis. This is grossly unfair to Dr. Doganay, but is still something I have to take into consideration when going this great of distance.

As far as Dr. Erdogan is concerned, I've seen great results posted by his practice, but not too many independent threads created by patients. If anyone is willing to add to this thread, which may prove to be helpful to others, or would like to send me a direct message, I welcome any information.

Again, just looking to connect with someone within the states that has made the journey and are willing to share their experience of that journey.

Thanks

Hi Richiep,

I am in the same position as you, located in the USA and I am looking for someone to share their story. I have looked online and the only ones I can find are located at the hair transplant network website. just search Dr. Koray and you should find 4 stories.

have you had better luck at finding anything?
    Also, have you already had an online consult with Dr. Koray?

I did connect with a relatively close patient through another website. He recently had a procedure 11 months ago and is planning on having another pass at some point this year. He was very helpful and offered to continue dialogue offline. In that thread, another person relatively close mentioned they had just scheduled an appointment, but had some of the same concerns as us. I'm interested in seeing what his journey looks like. I hate to give another sites address here, but my screenname there is richardposey01. You should be able to find the thread. The alternate site is hair restoration network.

I have not had an online consultation with Dr. Erdogan to date, but plan on submitting my information relatively soon.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks, I did run across his posts before, I find it weird how not to many people have their stories posted here; I feel like this is one of the biggest sites for MPB. I did go through the online consult.

So just to let you know, the only thing that bothers me is the fact that i have to pay in cash. From the sounds of it, everyone does that. Do you know if that guy paid in cash as well?

I did speak with the poster from the other site through direct email and he shared a bit more than the post.
    He did mention that he paid for the deposit through a wire transfer directly through his bank to hold his date.
    The remaining balance was paid in person, in cash, the day prior to the procedure.
    The rationale was that it saved the practice processing fees, assuming from credit card institutions. It also prevented patients from going through some type of cosmetic financing, which typically has some ridiculous interest rate attached. For those reasons, it makes sense on why they are able to charge less than most here in the states that perform the same type of work and for me, would not be a deal-breaker in moving forward with Dr. Erdogan.

Paying in cash isn't a deal breaker for me either, the only issue is that I don't want to carry that much cash as I travel:

Also, I have been in contact with the clinic and have already picked a date. I am nervous but I am looking at doing the wire soon. Can't wait!!

I assume there is no travel restriction to turkey and back, is that correct?

This summer or fall in going to turkey for a small procedure ,

I just got back from Dr. Hakan Doganay. Personally I think he has a edge over Erdogan. Anyway Turkey is the way to go for price-quality definitely.

I am from U.S. And had procedure with Dr Hakan in December.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguy View Post
    I am from U.S. And had procedure with Dr Hakan in December.
    Hi Asianguy,

did you have to pay in cash for your procedure? and how was the communication back and forth with the clinic, was it quick or were they slow to respond ?