+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Avodart, (Dutasteride) dosages? And success stories.

Hello all. I have been to a doc and am getting bloodwork done before taking Avodart. Doc wants to make sure everything is okay for me to give it a go. What were some of your doses, and have you guys noticed any positive effects? Negative effects?

Any response would be appreciated.

Thank yu.

0.5mg a day for just over a year now

positives: no sides, increased thickness, density, darker etc + slowed body hair growth

cons: slowed beard growth, temples/hairline not yet stabilized, still shed frequently

0.5mg/day for 2.5 months..

No cessation of hairloss or hair thinning; thinned body hair (especially forearms, where it is in some places now nearly non-existent), libido seems the same, maybe higher? Possibly increased muscle growth, hard to say. No increased mood swings the way I got from propecia.

Thank you guys for the response.

Just wondering, do you get blood work frequently to check your testosterone and DHT levels? If so where has your DHT levels settled at?

Any other responses are welcome.

2 months on .5 mg dutasteride.no response.corners and frontal are very near to go bald.

15 months on 0.5 mg Dut every day.

Pros: Hair re-growth, new hairs, thickening of existing hair, no shed. Notable difference in overall hair coverage, as I was a diffused thinner, mentioned by my family members. Bold spot on back covering up nicely where I used to have sun spots. Temples slowly recovering.
    Cons: Watery seamen.

I'm hearing that shedding is very common the first 3 months, and then the hairs start to sprout. My doctor says a full year is warranted to see the full results.

Thank you guys for the responses. Please keep them coming. All are welcome.

0.5mg twice a week for about 2.5 months now.

pros- could be stabalizing my hair, not sure yet, very light shedding since switching from fin.

cons- very slightly lower libido the day after taking(back to normal the next day though). other than that nothing noticable.

it's kind of my last resort unless something like BIM comes out soon, this stuff is definitely more powerful than fin, but side effect wise I dont get much.

Thank you rdawg. BIM seems promising. ...Has anyone done any follow up blood work to see how low their DHT levels went while on Avodart? Just curious.

0.5mg 2-3 days/wk for the past 3 months, in addition to 1mg finasteride 4 d/wk (6mos); Overall, I notice some increased density throughout. I've been using less caboki. I'm almost to the point where I can go out without it if I style it a certain way, which I havent been able to do for 3+ years. One of my temples is sprouting little tiny hairs, the other one seems to be taking its time. It looks a lot better when wet. I still shed more than someone who doesnt have MPB, but it's probably 50-60% less.

No side effects really. Maybe(?) increased libido at times, although at times I'm less interested in sex, but I can also say that it may have nothing to do with Avodart. I'm in medical school and stress runs through my body everyday.