+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by theEvergreen View Post
    Sorry this is late. I responded to these posts in here but they were flagged for mentioning I guess another site? The pictures I uploaded in this thread are the "new" pictures. I linked my old post in the first post of the thread I think. I can no longer part my hair in the middle because it's just all invisible. I have to go with this weird moppy emo-dude hairstyle now, haha. On the bright side, I stopped using Ketoconozole 2% shampoo as I read deeper into it and found out that the study that says it "encourages regrowth" was done almost entirely by the people manufacturing it. If it did anything, it made my hair appear a lot thinner than it was. I've been using regular Head and Shoulders for a few weeks now and my hair appears to have more body again. It looks like the supposed "miniaturized" hairs that I thought were vellus hairs actually have some color to them and are slowly growing in, leading me to believe this is some form of either diffuse thinning or Telogen Effluvium even though it's a longshot. Many of the pictures I see online about it are mostly in females, but their "pattern" is almost the same as mine but more progressed. It's still very very thin in the center, and I guess it's been a slow going thing since I was 16 (wow almost double that age now), so I guess it's to be expected.

I've got a hold on my anxiety. I don't really get that anxious about it anymore. I just kind of figure it's going to happen eventually. My grandfather didn't go bald until he hit 60 and it all kind of went. I know genetics don't have a timestamp, so it could happen at any time if I'm susceptible. I also realize it could be a bit of dysmorphia issue as well. No one notices and everyone says my hair is really thick etc etc. I realize how kind of ignorant I was to post this one here when people are having real problems with hair loss as well. I really do appreciate you saying nothing is really wrong with my hair to try and calm me down. And after re-reading some things that people responded with on other sites, I'm realizing that they were probably completely sarcastic and busting my balls.

Great to heard you are being able to deal with anxiety a lot better now, I got the felling that time will help you even more with it.

I still believe your hair is looking fine, but if I missing something, and you are going to loss some, chances are it will take a very long time to be noticeable since for sure its not aggressive MPB.

If it helps keep in mind that new treatments are likely to come to market in the next few years so worst case scenario you will have to wait (with a very decent hair line) for a couple of years before we can all use something better to keep our hair