+ Reply to Thread

Default Spots in hairline

Hi all,

I've been on fin for a few months now. Moving from 0.25mg every three days to 0.5mg every day. I've been at the latter point for coming to two months now.

I seem to be noticing heavy shedding since moving up to 0.5mg (I hate taking a shower!!) but also a lot of spots in my hairline.

Is this a good or bad sign? The spots are located within the receding hair (temples top and side).

Any advice on why this is and what I can do to counter this?

Thanks

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MancBoy View Post
    Hi all,

I've been on fin for a few months now. Moving from 0.25mg every three days to 0.5mg every day. I've been at the latter point for coming to two months now. I seem to be noticing heavy shedding since moving up to 0.5mg (I hate taking a shower!!) but also a lot of spots in my hairline. Is this a good or bad sign? The spots are located within the receding hair (temples top and side). Any advice on why this is and what I can do to counter this?

Thanks
    Shedding is considered normal at the beginning of finasteride use. Are you using Propecia brand or a generic mystery version purchased online without a prescription?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Hey Manc. About to start the same regime myself. Have you experienced any sides at these doses? Thank you.

Using propecia and in terms of sides not really. At lower doses on the third day before taking it I would be a little limp but as soon as I took it fine - I think the same now tbh. I'm just at the point where I need some results so bad MW3 for sure now and I think the back is thinning!!

But does anyone have any advice on the spots in the hairline? I'm also taking cod liver oil tablets twice a day as they suppress PDG2 or something? is this right?

Also minox but only once a day as until the shedding stops I don't see much point due to cost and it's a pain in the arse to do.

What kind of spots? Could be a reaction to the minoxidil if its isolated to the hairline.

I've been using minox for a year and never before!! I'm noticing that where I'm now getting spots I'm losing hair!! For example I don't put minox on my temples (the actual temples but I do put it on the upper forehead parts - M shape) and it on the temples as well as upper forehead where I'm getting spots and hair loss!! I'm sure there's a link!!

Btw the spots are the yellow head types. I can pop them but they tend to bleed so I haven't been popping them!!

Minox makes me break out in spots especially on the forehead. My skin doesn't agree with PG, but I persevere. Just started my 0.25mg fin regime yesterday. Hoping for some results with minimal sides. Try some apple cider vinegar for the spots it works great.

I tried apple cider vinagre and it dries out the pimples, they ll still show up but dry up quicker