+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    Swooping, would you happen to know the life time of fin in the system? How long after one quits would it leave the system completely. I reckon it would take a week or half for Ru.
    We will speak about approximations again but generally the half life of finasteride is ~4.7 to ~7.1 hours, this may accumulate over time though. A single dosage of finasteride may suppress serum DHT for up to 4 days. So I would guess finasteride would take some days to completely leave your system, especially after prolonged usage.

Finasteride undergoes extensive hepatic metabolism to essentially inactive metabolites, which are eliminated through the bile and urine. The terminal elimination half-life (t1/2z) is 4.7 to 7.1 hours; but despite this, slow accumulation occurs with multiple doses. Values of t1/2z are higher in elderly men, but no dosage adjustments are necessary. Likewise, no dosage adjustments are necessary for patients with renal dysfunction, since the metabolites which accumulate are relatively inactive and well tolerated, and because greater faecal excretion of the metabolites occurs in these patients. The effect of hepatic dysfunction on the metabolism of finasteride is unknown. Therapeutic doses of finasteride produce a rapid and pronounced effect in reducing both plasma and prostate tissue levels of DHT. Doses below 0.5 mg/day do not produce much suppression of DHT levels, and doses above 5 mg/day have little additional benefit. A single dose of finasteride suppresses serum DHT levels for up to 4 days, longer than would be expected from the serum terminal elimination half-life (t1/2z) of the drug: this is probably due to the high affinity that finasteride has for the 5 alpha-reductase enzyme.

Did Boldy ever post his log yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I'm not seeing any gyno, just feeling a peanut sized lump under my right nipple whereas it used to be flat. Also I get some weird feelings in my right nipple sometimes, but as I said before, I'm willing to discard any feelings (because like you said, the placebo-effect can be strong) but things that are actually visible or things I'm able to feel from the outside (the lump), are a different story imo. You say that gyno can't develop in two days but I take it you're talking about full-blown gyno. I agree that's rather unlikely to happen but you can spot gyno before that stage, as you don't suddenly wake up with huge bitch-tits.

But I agree with the things you said about the placebo effect of drugs. Again, that's why I stated in my first post that I'm willing to discard pretty much everything except for visible things or things I can feel from the outside.

I think people getting gyno is a placebo effect too. For me the intense testicle pain and brain fog from fin happened after a couple of days, and were very real, and I could very easily make them go away by stopping. The gyno though can't just appear like that, it's just not possible, and I have had a small lump under my nipple at various times in my life before i had hairloss or took anything. It's pretty normal in a lot of men, and fluctuating anxiety and hormone levels will make it go away or come back without taking any meds. I wouldn't worry about suddenly developing breasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    So I've been taking RU for the past few days, hoping that it wouldn't give me side effects whereas fin did. I had read quite a lot of posts claiming that RU did go systematic but because of its shorter half life, sides would be less of an problem as they would last less longer than fin. I was hoping though that RU wouldn't go systematic and thus wouldn't give me sides. Yeah, I had pretty high hopes.

I have only taken RU for a couple of days now but gyno already starts to develop. I'm also feeling some other things since I started RU but I'm willing to discard every side effect that only has the slightest chance to be caused by a paranoid mind. Gyno, however, is one of the few sides that I absolutely can't imagine: I can't grow tits by using my mind.

This brings me to the following question: because of RU's MoA (binding locally to receptors in the scalp so DHT won't, if I understand this correctly) will it matter a lot how much DHT there will be in my body as a whole? I have a very low level of knowledge regarding this concept, but I was thinking something along the lines of boosting my DHT levels significantly as it wouldn't matter for hair loss anyway as long as I would be using RU?

Or maybe there's another way to combat RU sides? Surely because of this MoA compared to the MoA of fin/dut there are going to be some ways to reduce sides? I would lower the dose, but I'm already on a pretty low dose (concentration of 2,5% , 50mg/2ml). If I can't even take RU for MPB, I practically ran out of AA's to try and my battle against hair loss will become a pretty dark one.

There is some great knowledge in this subforum and I was wondering if anybody had an idea of what to do... Any comments/insights would be greatly aprecciated!

Illusion have you managed to make the sides go away? Are you using st jhons wort? I've been using it for two month with no sides and i'M having erection problems now.. If I miss an application it goes away.

Thanks

We never know what is fact or fiction but it makes me a little nervous when people report heart issues or things like brain fog on RU. I mean you wouldnt expect something like RU to do that even if it went systemic to some amount

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    I think people getting gyno is a placebo effect too. For me the intense testicle pain and brain fog from fin happened after a couple of days, and were very real, and I could very easily make them go away by stopping. The gyno though can't just appear like that, it's just not possible, and I have had a small lump under my nipple at various times in my life before i had hairloss or took anything. It's pretty normal in a lot of men, and fluctuating anxiety and hormone levels will make it go away or come back without taking any meds. I wouldn't worry about suddenly developing breasts.
    I thought it was mainly mental too since I was just getting it on the right side which seemed odd. One way to test it though is to look at yourself via a different angle. In your bathroom, lean your hands or forearms on the sink/counter-top and try to keep the rest of your body relatively upright while looking in the mirror. My left "pec" and right are now different. The left one looks smaller and is more round whereas the right one very clearly sags more, protrudes out to the side toward the armpit and generally looks more like a breast. It's relatively subtle and standing straight up I don't think anyone would really notice but it's definitely not placebo if I can see it. Then again, I've been on RU since January.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    I thought it was mainly mental too since I was just getting it on the right side which seemed odd. One way to test it though is to look at yourself via a different angle. In your bathroom, lean your hands or forearms on the sink/counter-top and try to keep the rest of your body relatively upright while looking in the mirror. My left "pec" and right are now different. The left one looks smaller and is more round whereas the right one very clearly sags more, protrudes out to the side toward the armpit and generally looks more like a breast. It's relatively subtle and standing straight up I don't think anyone would really notice but it's definitely not placebo if I can see it. Then again, I've been on RU since January.
    You can obsess about something and make yourself self conscious. Do you remember when you first thought you were losing your hair and you felt everyone could tell right away? I'd give anything to have that hair now. My pecks have always had a little fat but if you do some decline bench you'll fix it in no time, most guys have what you're talking about.

Still not getting any sides off RU myself. Been on it almost a full year now. Helps to keep in shape. Get out for good run when you can there's nothing that will help improve your physical and mental health as much. Laying around obsessing about your hair will only make things worse. So start feeling good about yourself and that's half the battle. You won't be long shifting those nips if you can stick to a good routine.

I just want to know why anyone would use a drug without knowing all about it?? I tried it, I risked it for a few months but my conscience told me this drug could be dangersous to my health....when a drug company stops a study there must be a reason. Why can't we find out why RU was discontinued?

You may not have any siede effects immediately. You do not know long term. Beyond that has RU stopped your hair loss? I don't hear reports of it being successful......anyone feel free to correct me.

A last thought I would say within 5 years, they will be growing hair follicles, your hair follicles in a petri dish. You will have all the hair you can buy.

I think the most obvious answers to why RU never finished is it goes systemic, its expensive, and its unstable over the long shelf life it needs to have. Probably something along those lines or it just was not enough improvement or large enough profit margins to be worth pursuing. All of those are legit reasons it could get scrapped, and it does have a phase 2 human trial they finished so its not all theory.
    It might be perfectly safe but no one knows. A lot of people are using RU simply because there are few viable options if fin doesnt work.