+ Reply to Thread

Default Will this help bring down the price of hair transplants?

So apparently know the Artas system can make the recipient sites too. So Im wondering will this bring down the price of a hair transplant and if so by how much?

the whole artas robot approach is totally crap. if you want a HT with quality then there's no other way than doing it all manually.

i see no future for those devices. and i also think they have a hard time selling their devices and get all their investments back within the next years. when a real lab-grown hair gets real in the next 10 years, then all those artas devices become useless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Westonci View Post

So apparently know the Artas system can make the recipient sites too. So Im wondering will this bring down the price of a hair transplant and if so by how much?
    I don’t think the price is going to come down anytime soon . If anything FUE might come down to FUT prices, but there will always be people who can afford to pay whatever it takes or at least take out a loan.

Right now the Artas is pointless but I hope they can design it too implant grafts. With the use of lab grown follicles, you would be able to get the exact hairline you had when you were a teen. The Doctors probably would use some type of 3d scanning, put that into the Artas and have the Artas do all the work. If they can get the Artas to do that, it will definitely out perform a doctor. I should say assistants since doctors usually don't do the implantation.

I actually spoke to the man who created the Artas when I went to visit Dr Bernstein. Just by our talk it seems like they want the Artas to be diverse like that in the future.

We just need Dr Lauster to get these lab follicles to grow terminal on the scalp. I wish we could get some insight to see the progress he has made since the hair congress in Korea.

My guess is no. Each machine has an upfront cost of 200k USD, plus software updates cost money, and you have to pay Restoration Robotics a royalty for every graft.

But who knows, maybe it is possible.