+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hard to be in the upper class? You sure about that? I guess what I get paid now puts me upper middle class but I still think you are maybe just not old enough or experienced enough to have mingled with enough people in the upper wealth of society.

My two friends who got their medical certification and work as doctors lack a ton of hair and they'd probably fall into that lower upper class category. But getting those jobs is about as difficult as doing the schoolwork for it.

My wealthiest friends all drive trucks and I assure you of all the things they worry about during job interviews the least of their concerns is how much damned hair you have on your head. You just can't get past the fact you don't need hair for a good job though, I understand. Truth is employers don't give a crap. You are valued as an employee for showing up on time, not calling in sick, being proficient in your job and your general attitude. Quantity of hair? Not so important.

So if you need wealth and just can't fathom how to get it, get your ass in a tractor trailer and then head to a resource rich part of the planet and lay it the eff down. My best paid friends are in Alberta making 150-300k a year. It's a lot of work, long hours, gives crazy time off, and complete financial freedom (or access to complete financial irresponsibility - or combination of both).

You're only as limited as you choose to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkynutz View Post
    You're only as limited as you choose to be.
    Stop using NW7 as an excuse for all of your life problems. Your mind is hurting you more than your lack of hair.

I didn't realize truck drivers made that much money!!!

Not all of them man, it seriously requires oil or natural resources to back that up. Average is considerably lower, but shorter work weeks too. I'm headed to AB myself for the oil money in a few months, and have been getting my license for this reason.

Oil pays well, but you tend to work 12 hours a day and for stretches up to 20 days straight. Then have ten days off and back at it. Lifestyle isn't for everyone.

Lower end of pay is 15 an hour or so here in Ottawa right now but climbs as high as 120 a year depending on what you are hauling. Dangerous goods probably fetch more. Delivering bags of chips to the local convenience store would be considerably less (like 50-70). Good money even in unionized places like coke and Pepsi mind you, probably 65 a year or so to start there too.

The real money in Canada is in Alberta or Saskatchewan unless you're running your own vehicles. Logging can be good too, and of course the ice road trucking. And a lot of those AB and Sask jobs include labour aspects like setting up vacuum or pumping lines, and cleaning up with large scale pressure washing equipment and shit.

But the cash is there if you want it. He'll labour jobs out there fetch 100+ a year too, as long as it's oil related.

Ahh The Patch life hahaha.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I really do feel that everyone struggles with life in some way or another. EVERY human has sadness. Not just me.
    I remember envying a young man who inherited a prosperous business from his dad. Seemed on the surface he had a perfect life. No money worries, had a nice house and wife. later I learned that due to doctor error his baby suffered brain damage during birth. Short of a miracle or breakthrough technology his child will require constant care and never live a normal life.

I once worked for a guy who lives in a brick mansion that seemed like the ideal house. I was regretting buying my rather low-end home because I had to do so many repairs. Turns out his brick mansion was slapped together and repairs cost many times more than repairs on my home. Looked good on the outside though. No one enjoys feeling defeated. I once felt that way in my mid twenties and fought back with everything I had. My life gradually improved in a big way. My hair still kind of sucks though, but my wife and daughter don't seem to care. Really bald in the back.

Chuck