+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm not holding my breath for anything to come along soon. I'm 25, closing in on 26, and if I can hold the line with finasteride for as long as Spencer has, I'll be in my mid 40s with lots of hair. By then maybe something will have come along, and if not, then I can continue on the currently available DHT inhibitors.

Here we go again, after all of the positive news we have had recently you guys really think there won't be a better treatment? It's not going to happen today, but better things are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Here we go again, after all of the positive news we have had recently you guys really think there won't be a better treatment? It's not going to happen today, but better things are coming.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by joel203 View Post
    Nothing

this..........

Can our community get some channels with the research teams? such as CUMC, Jahoda, TUBerlin and Replicel etc

I think It can be very nice relation that can makes the things moving faster

If we have the informations of such research teams then it is both good for whole balding society and researchers

Balding guys can understand where the reserch is progressed and then they can choose which team to spend their money to boost the research

and research teams can directly get the cash from funding so it is win-win game for both

So is there any recommandable guy who can be our representative to contact the researchers?

Quote Originally Posted by efedrez View Post
    +1
    Since the beginning of these forums people have always been hopeful about future better treatments that are " round the corner" or in a few years time- what makes us so different

Quote Originally Posted by joel203 View Post
    Since the beginning of these forums people have always been hopeful about future better treatments that are " round the corner" or in a few years time- what makes us so different
    OK, this is pure speculation combined with a (un?)healthy dose of hope. But... Isn't it so that because of the increased use of (social) media people become more and more self-conscious of "flaws" in their looks? I believe this has been studied pretty widely but I'm not bothered looking those studies up atm.

Because of this increased self-consciousness, people start to worry more about these flaws. Obv balding is a big flaw. All the good-looking people have hair (apart from a few exceptions), right? Because of all this, more and more people are willing to actually do something against their hair loss. This will increase demand of treatments. And guess what happens when demand increases? More companies willing to sell their product on the market. The competition between companies might actually speed things up even further.

Anyway, I'd swear I've read some that the sale numbers of propecia and minoxidil have been pretty disappointing over the last few years so that would contradict my theory. Oh well, it was speculation from the beginning anyway.

But in all seriousness: isn't the "cutting edge" section busier then ever? I have only been around for half a year (was lurking a few months prior to creating an account) and I have never seen so many activity in it. Could just be me though.

Something might come along one day.

How long once after Phase 2 can the drug be on the market if everything goes smoothly?

If anyone thinks that a "cure" is going to be released in the US, widely available, and affordable within a year then yeah, we probably aren't going to see something new. There is Histogen and Replicel moving forward in a country that just sped up it's clinical trials and they could be a serious game changer, we don't know their current results.

I just don't see the point in the pessimism, we have gained some serious knowledge about this in the past year.