Bimatoprost finishing up Phase IIb trial! - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Bimatoprost finishing up Phase IIb trial!

Looks like another drug potentially approaches approval, Bim just finished it's data collection and will be(im assuming) releasing it's final results in January according to this trial information:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01904721

Now i've heard mixed things with this drug, i've seen people use the weaker solution with fairly decent results, however Allergan may not release it if it's not much better than minoxidil, but personally I would love another option!

So anyone have more info on this stuff or hear anything related to the trial?

wth? exclusion criteria doesn't state FIN users? That can change the results drastically...

What are the expectations for BIM? A better Minox? Not as good as FIN I guess...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    wth? exclusion criteria doesn't state FIN users? That can change the results drastically...

What are the expectations for BIM? A better Minox? Not as good as FIN I guess...?
    It's a growth stimulator, it's supposed to be used in conjunction with fin like Minox is!

yes it's expected to be a better minoxidil, but that may not be enough for investors to want a phase III, have to wait for results.

We can already get BIM, it's just expensive. I'm not very excited about this, unless they somehow tripled their results and success rate by upping the dosage.

I don't see this making it to the market.

Personally, I think the major advancements in the next 5 years will be:

CB
    better success rate with furthered knowledge of PRP
    Dr. Wesley's pilofocus offering increase size of donor area, higher yield and maybe 20% regeneration.

I think replace will be another Aderans unfortunately. As their responder rate was pathetic at a mere 60%.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Looks like another drug potentially approaches approval, Bim just finished it's data collection and will be(im assuming) releasing it's final results in January according to this trial information
    *YAWN* Is that Bim really good? I can buy it right now in drug store for a low price.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    We can already get BIM, it's just expensive. I'm not very excited about this, unless they somehow tripled their results and success rate by upping the dosage.

I don't see this making it to the market.

Personally, I think the major advancements in the next 5 years will be:

CB
    better success rate with furthered knowledge of PRP
    Dr. Wesley's pilofocus offering increase size of donor area, higher yield and maybe 20% regeneration.

I think replace will be another Aderans unfortunately. As their responder rate was pathetic at a mere 60%.
    That is at a 0.03% dosage though and people even had results with that low of a dose, these trials are testing out 1-10% dosage.

after phase IIa, they said they got decent results but not good enough at the dose they tried so they raised the dose, that's why itll be interesting to see the results

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Russian View Post
    *YAWN* Is that Bim really good? I can buy it right now in drug store for a low price.
    The version for Eyelashes? that dosage is like 1/10th of the dosage in this trial for hairloss. 0.03% vs. up to 10% in the trial

best case scenario though it's a super minoxidil

This could work great, not at all, or somewhere in the middle. No one of these boards has any idea which it is. However, Allergan is very likely about to not be a company (or at least a standalone company) in the next two months, as it will either be taken over by Valeant or Actavis. Valeant has said they will totally decimate their research budget and use that money to pay for the acquisition and as profit to help pay their other debts. Actavis says they will leave it untouched. If you have any interest in this product, you really need to know that what happens in regards to who owns Allergan will most likely have a major impact on the future of this product going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    This could work great, not at all, or somewhere in the middle. No one of these boards has any idea which it is. However, Allergan is very likely about to not be a company (or at least a standalone company) in the next two months, as it will either be taken over by Valeant or Actavis. Valeant has said they will totally decimate their research budget and use that money to pay for the acquisition and as profit to help pay their other debts. Actavis says they will leave it untouched. If you have any interest in this product, you really need to know that what happens in regards to who owns Allergan will most likely have a major impact on the future of this product going forward.
    very interesting comments.. From what you said it shouldn't affect these trials as clinical trials aren't really considered as "research" are they...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    very interesting comments.. From what you said it shouldn't affect these trials as clinical trials aren't really considered as "research" are they...?
    Sorry, should have said research and development , and yes, this would definitely affect clinical trials and the entire drug development process. Valeant canceled nearly all the ongoing clinical trials at another drug company they took over. One would assume that if they came in and saw an obvious cure staring them in the face they would continue forward with it, but they are already leveraging themselves like crazy to try to make this deal happen and are going to be in desperate need of cash (and hence cost cutting) as soon as the transaction is completed. Search google news for articles on valeant's business model. They are not a real drug company, they are stock gamers that constantly buy new companies and sell off as many parts as they can to give the appearance that they're making money even though they're actually losing money all the time. This will all catch up with them eventually. I just really hope they don't stymie or kill research into bimatoprost for hair and that it goes down with them.