+ Reply to Thread

Default Concerned Post HT Donor Area look

Hello guys.

I'm 10 days post HT in Turkey. I had 1500 FUE grafts.

My recipient area is completely fine, but since day one I've suffered from burning sensation, sudden sharp pain, sensible and irritated scalp, pimples.

Additionally, today I took 2 pictures and I see wide spaces without hair in between. In resume, I've seen a lot of Post HT donor area photos and they look pretty clean and homogeneous. Seen mine, it's nothing like I was expecting from the number of grafts taken, my donor area was above average and I have thick hair.

I hope you guys you could give me some advice

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	35190
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	35191

A couple of things. First, it appears that you have a lower level of donor density to begin with. And it's always tempting to compare our own results and/or profile case to others who may have optimal density. You may have a higher grade of coarseness (caliber) but that has nothing to do with density.

Secondly, although 1500 FUE extractions are not considered a large procedure, it's hard to tell exactly where those extractions were confined yet they seem to be in a smaller surface area and also possibly why that area appears a bit thinned out.

Lastly, it's hard to tell from the pics because of the light reflection but I do see some white bumps in the donor area and I would have this looked at in person. You do appear that you have healed fast.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Thanks for your post gillenator. I understand perfectly what you said and well, It's a possibility but I find it difficult to be true, I went to see 2 doctors in Miami and both of them said I had donor superior than average plus thick hair.

But at this moment what worries me the most are the zits on my back. This is what Dr. said.

"Please wash your donor area with toot brush ı know it is painful but you will see after one week. There might be broken graft while extracting so they want to re grow but they stack under your tissue and it makes pimple."

I've being doing that since saturday but I haven't seen any difference. The only difference is due to the toothbrush now I feel my back very sensitive. So I think I'm going to go to a dermatologist.