+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

This is one product I have been dying to try and add to my regime, I have been constantly researching and before Dr Klein passed away I think he was going to do trials on topical Melatonin.

Anyways good news after several emails begging Susan to formulate this for the hairloss community she was convinced by the studies to add his on her wesbite for us guys .

We now have an option to BUY topical Melatonin, so for anyone interested here are the details I will deffinatly be ordering this next month when my funds are better .

http://www.murrayavenuerx.com/hair.html

Studies;

http://193.175.223.222/media/custom/1595_3456_3.PDF

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23766606/

http://www.pubfacts.com/detail/23766...netic-alopecia.

Int J Trichology. 2012 Oct;4(4):236-45. doi: 10.4103/0974-7753.111199.
    Topical melatonin for treatment of androgenetic alopecia.
    Fischer TW, Trüeb RM, Hänggi G, Innocenti M, Elsner P.
    Source
    Department for Dermatology, Allergology and Venereology, University of Lübeck, Lübeck, Germany.
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND:
    In the search for alternative agents to oral finasteride and topical minoxidil for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia (AGA), melatonin, a potent antioxidant and growth modulator, was identified as a promising candidate based on in vitro and in vivo studies.
    MATERIALS AND METHODS:
    One pharmacodynamic study on topical application of melatonin and four clinical pre-post studies were performed in patients with androgenetic alopecia or general hair loss and evaluated by standardised questionnaires, TrichoScan, 60-second hair count test and hair pull test.
    RESULTS:
    FIVE CLINICAL STUDIES SHOWED POSITIVE EFFECTS OF A TOPICAL MELATONIN SOLUTION IN THE TREATMENT OF AGA IN MEN AND WOMEN WHILE SHOWING GOOD TOLERABILITY: (1) Pharmacodynamics under once-daily topical application in the evening showed no significant influence on endogenous serum melatonin levels. (2) An observational study involving 30 men and women showed a significant reduction in the degree of severity of alopecia after 30 and 90 days (P < 0.001) based on questionnaires completed by investigators and patients. (3) Using a digital software-supported epiluminescence technique (TrichoScan) in 35 men with AGA, after 3 and 6 months in 54.8% to 58.1% of the patients a significant increase of hair density of 29% and 41%, respectively was measured (M0: 123/cm(2); M3: 159/cm(2); M6: 173/cm(2) (P < 0,001). (4) In 60 men and women with hair loss, a significant reduction in hair loss was observed in women, while hair loss in men remained constant (P < 0.001). (5) In a large, 3-month, multi-center study with more than 1800 volunteers at 200 centers, the percentage of patients with a 2- to 3-fold positive hair-pull test decreased from 61.6% to 7.8%, while the percentage of patients with a negative hair-pull test increased from 12.2.% to 61.5% (P < 0.001). In addition, a decrease in seborrhea and seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp was observed.
    CONCLUSIONS:
    Since safety and tolerability in all of the studies was good, the topical application of a cosmetic melatonin solution can be considered as a treatment option in androgenetic alopecia.

what about the melatonin being absorbed systemically? that is a safety concern. Elevated melatonin levels above the norm might not be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    This is one product I have been dying to try and add to my regime, I have been constantly researching and before Dr Klein passed away I think he was going to do trials on topical Melatonin.

Anyways good news after several emails begging Susan to formulate this for the hairloss community she was convinced by the studies to add his on her wesbite for us guys .

We now have an option to BUY topical Melatonin, so for anyone interested here are the details I will deffinatly be ordering this next month when my funds are better .

http://www.murrayavenuerx.com/hair.html

Studies;

http://193.175.223.222/media/custom/1595_3456_3.PDF

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23766606/

http://www.pubfacts.com/detail/23766...netic-alopecia.

Int J Trichology. 2012 Oct;4(4):236-45. doi: 10.4103/0974-7753.111199.
    Topical melatonin for treatment of androgenetic alopecia.
    Fischer TW, Trüeb RM, Hänggi G, Innocenti M, Elsner P.
    Source
    Department for Dermatology, Allergology and Venereology, University of Lübeck, Lübeck, Germany.
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND:
    In the search for alternative agents to oral finasteride and topical minoxidil for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia (AGA), melatonin, a potent antioxidant and growth modulator, was identified as a promising candidate based on in vitro and in vivo studies.
    MATERIALS AND METHODS:
    One pharmacodynamic study on topical application of melatonin and four clinical pre-post studies were performed in patients with androgenetic alopecia or general hair loss and evaluated by standardised questionnaires, TrichoScan, 60-second hair count test and hair pull test.
    RESULTS:
    FIVE CLINICAL STUDIES SHOWED POSITIVE EFFECTS OF A TOPICAL MELATONIN SOLUTION IN THE TREATMENT OF AGA IN MEN AND WOMEN WHILE SHOWING GOOD TOLERABILITY: (1) Pharmacodynamics under once-daily topical application in the evening showed no significant influence on endogenous serum melatonin levels. (2) An observational study involving 30 men and women showed a significant reduction in the degree of severity of alopecia after 30 and 90 days (P < 0.001) based on questionnaires completed by investigators and patients. (3) Using a digital software-supported epiluminescence technique (TrichoScan) in 35 men with AGA, after 3 and 6 months in 54.8% to 58.1% of the patients a significant increase of hair density of 29% and 41%, respectively was measured (M0: 123/cm(2); M3: 159/cm(2); M6: 173/cm(2) (P < 0,001). (4) In 60 men and women with hair loss, a significant reduction in hair loss was observed in women, while hair loss in men remained constant (P < 0.001). (5) In a large, 3-month, multi-center study with more than 1800 volunteers at 200 centers, the percentage of patients with a 2- to 3-fold positive hair-pull test decreased from 61.6% to 7.8%, while the percentage of patients with a negative hair-pull test increased from 12.2.% to 61.5% (P < 0.001). In addition, a decrease in seborrhea and seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp was observed.
    CONCLUSIONS:
    Since safety and tolerability in all of the studies was good, the topical application of a cosmetic melatonin solution can be considered as a treatment option in androgenetic alopecia.

Totally safe as you can buy over the counter Melatonin for internal use .

Susan hairloss FAQ

https://dub124.afx.ms/att/GetAttachm...a5e&oneredir=1

1. What is the consistency of lotion vs. cream?
    Lotion is pourable, and cream is more thick. Over time, a lotion could thin down in which we reccommend shaking the bottle with each use. Cream, however, maintains consistency - it does not thin down over time.
    2. How often is it applied?
    Daily - NOT twice a day
    3. How many sprays = 1 ml?
    6 sprays
    Remember: No Minoxidil over 5% solution due to limited solubility. We do NOT reccommend using both Oral Finasteride and Topical Finasteride together to limit side effects.
    How to use other adjunct hair products with Minoxidil Treatments
    Melatonin - Apply to the hairline and temples (thickening of hair enhances, growth phase of hair)
    Alternate Antioxidant product Acetyl-Glutathione/Biotin 3% and Melatonin 0.1% topical
    A-G/Biotin 3%, Vitamin C Serum 20%, or Melatonin 0.1%
    -PM at bedtime - First apply one of the above pre-treatments to scalp areas on dry hair around the temples and hairline. Rub in well, wait 5 minutes, then apply Minoxidil treatment
    - In the AM, shower, then apply Progesterone Leave-In Treatment three times a week for 10-15 minutes. Wash with Stimulating Shampoo and Conditioner.

Hey guyes! I would like to add the dr kleins to my regume. Is ite the same as the Melatonin mentioned above, or do I have to put all the ingridents together my self?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Right first let me make things clear I do not sell or offer these products they are sold via Susan who owns Murray Avenue compounding pharmacy. The ******* stuff you have bought is probably some random guy making them himself hence why most people fail to see results on these cheap 15% minoxidil. This new ******* formula is making money through old ******* name, it's not the same stuff so don't be fooled! When I bought Polaris 15% the stuff was SHIT, very gritty and I saw no results.

I use the new compound pharmacy now since Dr Klein passed away, before Dr Klein I had tried the original ******* by Dr Richard Lee but he was shut down. Anyways if you want a topical effective mixture than I would go by adding the following;

1. Regenepure Dr and Ny shampoo, especially the Dr version!
    2. The compound mixture i use and most others who are now seeing results;

15% minoxidil
    0.1% finesteride
    5% azelaic acid
    0.25% progesterone
    0.025% tretinoin
    0.1% hydrocortisone

Which country are you from? So I can try guiding how and if they ship to your country etc.
    Understood. But listen, I simply would like to know how to get a hold of these products, like what is the procedure here? I have to buy a prescription, then forward the prescription to the dr.klein company?? That is what i would like some clarity on. Can you instruct me on how to buy this. The ******* stuff, as you said, does not work and is very gritty.

You will get the compounded minox from Murray Avenue Apothecary in Pittsburgh PA, google them, and get their number and call them, they will be able to give you instructions on how this process all works, ask for Tonya or Susan.

Quote Originally Posted by d0072 View Post
    Understood. But listen, I simply would like to know how to get a hold of these products, like what is the procedure here? I have to buy a prescription, then forward the prescription to the dr.klein company?? That is what i would like some clarity on. Can you instruct me on how to buy this. The ******* stuff, as you said, does not work and is very gritty.

Quote Originally Posted by d0072 View Post

Where are you from? What's your current regime? So I can help guide you.

Murray Avenue Apothecary*

Hey Guys Susan asked me to post this out, this is a summer special for NEW clients who would like to try Susan's Minoxidol additive compound lotion/creams. They are offering $25 cash back on all NEW Client orders, plus the New/Existing clients are also eligible for 10% discount if 3 bottles are purchased in one go, this would be 10% of on the total price.

To bad they dont ship anything to Norway. Was so sad when I heared it