+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Hair transplant 4 thday

Hii...i am 23 years old guy...4days ago i went for fue hairtransplant with 1000 grafts..my baldness patern is male patetn baldness...and i havent done hair transplsnt in crown area as it was not needed.now today(4th day) i am posting this thread..i have no problem till now...scabs have formed from the 2 nd day...no sign of graft shedding till now..but are all of the grafts are supposed to shed?and what can i expect in future??

Usually the grafts start to shed around 2-3 weeks post-op which is the norm.

The scabs/crusts usually are ready to come off around 10-12 days following the procedure.

I trust your doctor/clinic provided you with post-op care instructions?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Usually the grafts start to shed around 2-3 weeks post-op which is the norm.

The scabs/crusts usually are ready to come off around 10-12 days following the procedure.

I trust your doctor/clinic provided you with post-op care instructions?
    yes they did...but its 14th day,and i can see that none of my grafts are falling out and also i can see that my transplanted hairs are started growing in length directly without shedding....is that normal???

Just follow according to your doctor instructions there will be some time limit for it and follow the doctor instruction properly.

Hi, I think your surgery is on the right track. If you got your surgery from a good & reputed clinic they normally give a written course of action. Having said that, if you got FUE you should get the scabs removed after a week’s time. Till this time you’ll not see any shedding of the hair. The process of shedding will start from 3rd or 4th week and will go on up to 7-8 weeks. You’ll see everything go away. The growth will start in 2-3 months and they keep growing till 12 months. But if you don’t see any growth in 4-5 month, get in touch with the clinic you got transplant from….there is a problem then.

Hi Abhishek, You don't need to worry because your surgery is on right way.Your scab wouldn't remove yet because it will removed after a week.. Till this time you will not see any hair shedding.. Hair shedding process will start from 3rd to 4th weeks and will go on up 7-8 week. When every transplanted hairs go away.. New natural hairs or follicles will start grow in 2-3 month and keep growing till 12 months.. But if this will not happen in your case.. then consult with the clinic where you got this procedure...