+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 121 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    I missed this reply, thanks for looking into it.

I got a 6 month supply of minoxidil a week or two ago. After that gets close to running out I'll consider getting a prescription for this lotion, depending on my results using just minoxidil. If I'm one of the ~20-30% of super responders I might just stick with normal minoxidil.
    What's your full regime? There's no point using minxodil alone if you suffer from MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    What's your full regime? There's no point using minxodil alone if you suffer from MPB.
    I've got everything pretty much planned out. I'm 24 and a NW2.5-3 with diffuse thinning. My main goal is to keep what I have until I'm 30. I've thought about it a lot and what bothers me most is the age at which it's happening to me, not that it's happening in general. Also, by the time I'm 30, I'm confident we will have much better treatments available.

I started Nizoral 5 months ago, and had a PRP session 4 months ago. I've noticed a very slight thickening throughout and a few new terminal hairs at the hairline. I also have a ton of fine hairs in my temples, although I'm not 100% sure they are new ones from my treatments, since I never monitored my hair that closely before the last few months.

My logic is that Minoxidil on average keeps hair above the baseline for ~5+ years, as I have seen studies indicating this is the case. I'm going to use Minoxidil for 4-6 months and then go from there. If it works very well, I will wait it out until better treatments come or just until I am older and may care less about hair loss. If it just works okay and/or I notice my hair getting worse after reaching a peak, I'm going to consider this formula and/or RU. I'm willing to take the risk of not going on a DHT inhibitor for a year as my hairloss is not super aggressive. I may get more PRP treatments too, as I believe they help somewhat, and repeat treatments may help even more.

I know Fin isn't that dangerous and I believe a large percentage of the sides are placebo affect, but I'm still not willing to use it for personal reasons as I do not wish to alter my hormones. I might consider it eventually if I can keep my DHT in the recommended range (I had it measured a month ago and it's right in the middle of the recommended range).

Well that was longer than I expected to write... if you see any holes in my logic I'm willing to re-consider my plan.

I take it you use Lipgaine daily? Only reason I ask is you need an minoxidl application daily. You noticed any changes whilst on your regime?
    Lipgaine is daily, but only once at night. I'm not sold that twice a day is effective vs the cons. Regardless of what's going on now it's way better than 2 years ago. Keep you guys in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Lipgaine is daily, but only once at night. I'm not sold that twice a day is effective vs the cons. Regardless of what's going on now it's way better than 2 years ago. Keep you guys in the loop.
    Cool I hope it works out for you, anything you do try should be used for a minimum of 6 months .

Hey sorry for the late reply, firstly 1mg EOD is sufficient enough to stop DHT and remove any MPB itch associated with DHT.

The shedding is expected so i would not worry to much as any minoxidol application will allow you to go through shedding phases due to cycles. The itchiness could well be associated with tretinoin, is the itchiness in the areas you apply Susan's lotion? Did you experience any itchiness prior to starting any treatments, for example when you was losing hair.

I would not worry too much if the itchiness is associated with tretinoin as this normally subsides, tretinoin normally causes temporary irritation, normally subsides after few months. Ideally you could use coconut oil regular to moisture your scalp, I find this helps counter any irritation associated with tretinoin.

If you experience any side effects try using Horny goat weed and zinc tablets daily, the main key factor is DO NOT stress over any side effects, as any anxiety and stress will make your symptoms worse!

Hey Jazz,
    Do you think that Horny goat weed and zinc and l-arginine can help with the sides of finasteride i also consider taking yohimbe? (low libido, hard to maintain erection)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diffuse View Post
    Hey Jazz,
    Do you think that Horny goat weed and zinc and l-arginine can help with the sides of finasteride i also consider taking yohimbe? (low libido, hard to maintain erection)

Thanks
    Hey yes I personally think this can help, as when I suffered serious side effects 3 things worked for me;

1. Mind control, less stress and anxiety! Key point
    2. Horny goat weed 3 times per day.
    3. zinc between 50/100mg per day.

Also thinking it your biggest fantasy/removing stress is the number one point in removing side apeffects, as it all got to do with Brain chemistry and pathways your body is not use to this drug you need to allow time even if it means using a far lower dosage. What dosage are you currently using?

Hey yes I personally think this can help, as when I suffered serious side effects 3 things worked for me;

1. Mind control, less stress and anxiety! Key point
    2. Horny goat weed 3 times per day.
    3. zinc between 50/100mg per day.

Also thinking it your biggest fantasy/removing stress is the number one point in removing side apeffects, as it all got to do with Brain chemistry and pathways your body is not use to this drug you need to allow time even if it means using a far lower dosage. What dosage are you currently using?
    I've already posted my story to another thread but nobody gave a single f*ck. I started using RU 2 months ago, got from Kane, made a 600mg batch (70/30 ethanol ppg) for 10 days so it's 60 mg daily. I'm sensitive to anti androgens I experienced low libido and hard to maintain erection after 1,5 months I reduced my dosage to 40mg now it's kind of ok...if i miss an application it's 100% again.
    I have a few questions:
    1. Have you ever heard of Dutasteride mesotherapy? ( study: http://www.odermatol.com/wp-co...20effect-Sobhy%20N.pdf ) There's doctor here who has been doing it for 7 years with some before after pics and he claims that it's working, some of his pics are messy but there are some real also... I've started using it May, 2014, in january 2015 i decided to do it on my own i'm not afraid of needles and it's much cheaper. The doctor injected to the scalp 1mg of dut every month with mesogun, now i inject it every 2 weeks, also used minoxidil and had a full head of hair!!!!, when i started using dut meso the doc told be to stop minox because dut will do the job (been on minox for 9 months gave me a lot of regrowth) and ive been trough a terrible shed, lost almost everything in 3 months and i went straight back on it and had an amazing regrowth again. Around christmas my hair started shedding bad and in 1,5 month I lost almost half of my hair (that's why I started using RU). So I was back where i started. Now it's getting better I hope it's gonna be the same. I don't know if this dutasteride mesotherapy woking or not. I'm turning 23 in august I'm a diffuse thinner all over, or atleast i am when my hair is f*cked up.
    2. I'm considering addig fin but i'm afraid because RU already gave my sides.... this dutasteride mesotherapy thing and RU+MINOXwould maintain my hair??, maybe EOD or 1mg 3x times a week will help and i can something against low libido and erection issues. I also ordered yohimbe to increase my sexual performance. I've taken fin for about 2 week 1,25 mg ED 2 years ago but (my hair wasn't that bad back then) I dropped because i had libido issues, not much or i don't know that is was real not.

Some photos:

Baseline:

September, 2013
    http://photouploads.com/images/fotfwf.jpg
    http://photouploads.com/images/fot1.jpg

May,2014 on Spectral DNC-L and minox foam, started DUT meso
    Hair was good but i knew that minox only wont keep my hair..

http://photouploads.com/images/img8345.jpg

September to November, 2014 Stopped minox then re started, and DUT meso
    Shedding damage and regrowth.
    http://photouploads.com/images/img7483.jpg

28 February, 2015 Shedding again..

http://photouploads.com/images/fullsivcv.jpg

29 March, 2015 Getting better, still improving

http://photouploads.com/images/img8344.jpg

So this is my story.

Thanks Jazz i really appreciate your help!

Hey guy's what about topical finasteride ? Usefull or not ?

Hey i will reply later tonight.

Hey bro your story is inspiring and I'm sorry I missed your thread my life style is hectic, reminds me of myself when I gave up last year and booked a transplant with Dr feriduni, some how i pulled through and glad I never stopped, where at certain times I felt like giving up.

You seem to be on the right track, in my view when I used RU58841 I found the chemical to be stronger than Fin at 5%' however anything orally seems more stronger half life than topicals. I need to think thoroughly in what route would best suit you as it seems very tricky, give me a few days to research more for you if you're willing to wait.

Currently my advice would be stick to the correct regime that is working for you IE go back to square one as your first regime was working great! I would stick to one brand minoxidil only, DO NOT switch brands! Also carry on with RU at your correct dosage that has worked. I seriously would ignore what others say, even these STUPID doctors! As they go by literature and not self experience, that's one thing I learned about doctors and dermatologist. The mistake you made is listening to the STUPID doctor, stating to stop minxodil! You was on the right track from the start! Go back to your original regime, and see how things go, if things go well I can recommend some cheap and effective things you could add ontop.