+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Swooping, I'm not sure I follow you. From what you say, it sounds like trials and experiments are underway. When you say it "doesn't work," do you mean you have a gut instinct that it won't work or do you mean that they've tried every likely way to do this and none of them have worked?

Also, if you could post any links or specifics on trials or experiments related to this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    For the anti-DKK1 drugs;

https://myeloma.org/pdfs/ASH2009_Padmanabhan_750.pdf
    http://healthcarepharmaceuticals.com...l-program.html

I am just saying that they are already experimenting with antagonizing DKK1. Thus if it was really that important to "cure" us , that would show as a side effects from those trials in terms of hair increase. It is also a way more complex cascade of events anyway. I could give you some examples but you would be bored i guess lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    For the anti-DKK1 drugs;

I am just saying that they are already experimenting with antagonizing DKK1. Thus if it was really that important to "cure" us , that would show as a side effects from those trials in terms of hair increase. It is also a way more complex cascade of events anyway. I could give you some examples but you would be bored i guess lol.
    Those abstracts talk about major diseases - cancer. The researchers who are studying these drugs may not be paying significant attention for hair growth. Also, even if the cancer researchers are watching for hair growth but aren't seeing it that doesn't mean that antagonizing DKK1 wouldn't be the final piece of the puzzle needed to get breakthrough hair growth results if you combined a DKK1 antagonist with say fat cell growth factors/proteins. Maybe DKK1 antagonism by itself is not sufficient to grow hair but maybe it's a necessary ingredient to get other growth factors and proteins to do the best job possible.

For the anti-DKK1 drugs;

Thanks for explaining, I see your point now. However, it still seems possible to me that you might need to target the treatments in a specific way to see MPB related effects. Or as the poster pointed out, as they were specifically looking for effects on cancer they may very well not have noticed (and certainly would not have been measuring) effects on scalp hair.

You are right that it is a complex cascade of events that leads to MPB. However there are two equally valid ways to approach this. One is if you can reverse engineer the whole naturally occurring process, then you might be able to intervene at some point to stop or reverse it. The other is the "happy accident" approach, in which you have a general understanding of how the MPB occurs at a chemical level and then you experiment with different things that seem as if they might be related and see what effects it has or you're using a drug for something else and you see that it has effects on MPB. Many, many drug discoveries happen from this latter process. There's nothing that says if you understand every element of how hair loss occurs that you will be able to stop or reverse it (even though it's a worthwhile approach and it really feels like this should work). Likewise, just because you don't understand why a drug does what it does, that doesn't mean it doesn't work. They don't really know why Latisse regrows eyebrow or eyelash hair, but they noticed that this was a side effect for other treatments, and since it didn't hurt patients to use it this way, it is now a commercially available product that more or less does what it says, all without them understanding why. Both approaches are good when it comes to hair loss (for example, as Garza stated, the biggest thing that clued them into the importance of PGD2 was the Latisse discovery). Let's just hope some damn thing eventually works out!

More 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    More 10 years.
    +1

This thread needs to end. It's nothing.. its no different than taking a 5aR inhibitor. It's not going to bring your hair back. If cutting off your dick wont bring all your hair back then this DEFINITELY WILL NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    This thread needs to end. It's nothing.. its no different than taking a 5aR inhibitor. It's not going to bring your hair back. If cutting off your dick wont bring all your hair back then this DEFINITELY WILL NOT.
    dkk1 antagonism has NOT been proved ineffective. It might not make much difference on it's own but it could still be possible that dkk1 is one of the pieces of the puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    dkk1 antagonism has NOT been proved ineffective. It might not make much difference on it's own but it could still be possible that dkk1 is one of the pieces of the puzzle.
    People have already trialed DKK1 antagonists too i think.. No real results..

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    What a stupid comment. Dkk1 works differently.

People have already trialed DKK1 antagonists too i think.. No real results..
    "People"? "You think"

You people should read the paper and understand what the role of dkk1 has been found to be. Then come back and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    What a stupid comment. Dkk1 works differently.

"People"? "You think"

You people should read the paper and understand what the role of dkk1 has been found to be. Then come back and talk.
    I posted this on ***;

Desmond posted another video with Dr. Cotsarelis explain in detail the wound theory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m84cOOc8-T0

LOTS of awesome information here, also at 7:11 you'll notice Cotsarelis drops a bomb on the DKK1 theory, Doxycycline is able to turn DKK1 on and off!

TIME FOR A NEW TOPICAL ATTEMPT!

Also, looking at Doxycycline molecular weight is only 444 dalton, which will EASILY penetrate the skin as a topical.