+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

It's OK. Yes I would definitely recommend De Reys, he has more than 10 years of experience now which makes him one of the most experienced FUE surgeons in the world.

I've already asked him by e-mail how many grafts he could possibly put in my crown. He said 1500 the last time I saw him and I would like to know if a higher number was possible.

I won't do it right away of course, maybe in a year or so. Honestly, it's exactly what I expected, it's roughly 5000 hairs on a NW5 area so you can't expect it to look amazing.

But it's more than enough to make me happy and lift all the worries about hair loss off my shoulders. It's enough to let me live my life the way I want it without thinking about hair 24/7.

I think it would look quite good grown, but there is a transitional stage where the overall appearance looks bad and I don't really want to go through it. Plus I always look better with buzzed hair.

It's not something people said to make me feel better, it's actually the case. My hair is curly and I look "dorkier" with long hair for some reason. Buzzed hair makes me look sharp.

I think its a really good result coming back from NW5!

Would you consider body hair for the crown area if you like it buzzed? Is that really a viable option? because I hear that if your plan is to have it short, it could add some real thickness?

I am checking out on all the ass kicking talk. Lets talk about hair loss, I am sure there are forums to talk about fighting and monster trucks and the like. Lets stick to what this forum was made for.

Fred's result looks great. I don't think anybody can deny that except the guys with a full head of hair that will except nothing but their original hairline and density. Coming from a NW5 I will say you made the right decision without question. If/when my hair gets worse I will definitely look into getting an FUE myself. Shame I won't get as great of a deal as you did, but if I get the results you did it will be worth the price.

iv been around for around 7 years on these forums

in my opinion this is a top ten result when you consider he has a great looking doner and also came from a norwood 5

i am however worried what will happen if rogaine stops working. The good thing is though, he can probably still go down to zero shaven without scarring as he has only had one procedure

and he has had this done in 2014/2015 a year when docs are so much more clued up on FUE

Great result. Have you ever considered getting smp ? At that lenght you wear your hair, with smp it would look like you have full density.

Quote Originally Posted by finalcut View Post
    Great result. Have you ever considered getting smp ? At that lenght you wear your hair, with smp it would look like you have full density.
    I'm thinking about it, but I will first do another FUE. I prioritize real hair over tattoos. I'm cautious of doing too much and I think less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I'm thinking about it, but I will first do another FUE. I prioritize real hair over tattoos. I'm cautious of doing too much and I think less is more.
    Coming from a guy who has done SMP I wouldn't recommend it in your case.

With SMP when you actually see it up close and personal you need to razor shave otherwise it is very very noticeable.

If you were to do it: Sure you'd look like you have a dense FULL head of hair but would it actually look better? I don't think so.

For white guys as strange at it sounds, there is a very very noticeable difference in appearance from razor shaved to even one week stubble.

Your hairline at the moment is perfect. Do you look like you have hairloss? Sure. But the hairline is squared off, it's all very symmetrical and the look is about as good as you can ask for.

Hair loss isn't a bad thing when the symmetry is there [Which is what you have with the FUE hairline].

With future loss, if you can get a little bit of hair sprinkled in with FUE to stop the slick bald look, you'll be fine.

All IMO of course

Fred! I wonder, there are many clinics in Belgium, what made you choose Dr De Reys instead of the others, which also has good reputation world wide?

I am wondering because I am planning a HT myself, and your seem to have turned out well, so maybe I choose the same doctor. I am from sweden though, so its a quite distance to travel.

I am also thinking about the clinics in Istanbul, do you have any thoughts or opinions about them Fred?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    The growth yield was good. Less is more.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Quote Originally Posted by MrBald View Post
    Fred! I wonder, there are many clinics in Belgium, what made you choose Dr De Reys instead of the others, which also has good reputation world wide?

I am wondering because I am planning a HT myself, and your seem to have turned out well, so maybe I choose the same doctor. I am from sweden though, so its a quite distance to travel.

I am also thinking about the clinics in Istanbul, do you have any thoughts or opinions about them Fred?
    First reason: De Reys was the only want who accepted to perform on me. I saw Dr. Bisanga for example and he said I wasn't a good candidate because I was so bald at such a young age.

Second reason: the price. There are a lot of reputable surgeons in Belgium, but only De Reys and the prohairclinic (which also turned me down) offer democratic prices.

Don't worry about the travel distance, when I went in for my hair transplant with De Reys, I met another patient coming out with 3000 grafts on his NW6, and he was from Sweden.

If you go to Turkey, I would only recommend these two doctors, based on their excellent reputations: Doganay and Erdogan.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTC Clinic View Post
    The growth yield was good. Less is more.
    I agree. My second hair transplant wouldn't be to improve density or lowering the hair line, just to reasonably fill my NW6 crown that is soon going to be a desert.