Sm04554 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Thumbs up Sm04554

There is record of a clinial trial being carried out on the Australia New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry. It is for a topical solution containing a small molecule currently named SM04554. The trial states that this topical may activate the wnt pathway. Trial was only short and started Sept 2013. I wonder what the outcomes were. There is a contact for public enquiries if someone has time to send them an email - it's on the trial details.

Link to source?

Sounds cool, but is Australia's drug approval process as messed up as the US?. I do not know about yall but I cannot wait much longer for a safe topical AA. Hassan and Wong talked about a topical AA that is suppose to be out this year, but cannot remember the name to it. C'mon man how can you say something like that and get our hopes up. I do not think it is CB because they heard it at a hair loss convention and Cosmo did not deliver any addresses that said it would be out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Sounds cool, but is Australia's drug approval process as messed up as the US?. I do not know about yall but I cannot wait much longer for a safe topical AA. Hassan and Wong talked about a topical AA that is suppose to be out this year, but cannot remember the name to it. C'mon man how can you say something like that and get our hopes up. I do not think it is CB because they heard it at a hair loss convention and Cosmo did not deliver any addresses that said it would be out this year.
    From the looks of that page, there is recruiting happening in the US at this moment

The Hasson & Wong things ended up being a misunderstanding

And for God's sake, stop with the FDA bitching, save it for a time when a drugs advances to phase III with decent results

Wow so this did not go through any trials yet? Would have been good news about ten years ago, but unfortunately most of us will be bald by the time this comes out. I was not bitching about the FDA just saying it is messed up. As far as H and W. How do you know it was a misunderstanding. Did they say that? Where and when?

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Wow so this did not go through any trials yet? Would have been good news about ten years ago, but unfortunately most of us will be bald by the time this comes out. I was not bitching about the FDA just saying it is messed up. As far as H and W. How do you know it was a misunderstanding. Did they say that? Where and when?
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15018

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    I asked Dr. Hasson about this a few days ago. He said that there was nothing more to share than what has already been stated. He doesn't know the name of this AA and he heard about it at the ISHRS conference back in October.
    Seems like the general consensus is that it was a misunderstanding.

As far as the clinical trial goes, the status says that it is recruiting, but they expected to end enrollment by November last year, so maybe they haven't updated

My bad, it doesn't seem to be any recruitment in the US at the moment, I misinterpreted the "Page 8" and "recruitment outside australia" sections. But it does lists a company in America as the primary sponsor

Still, this stuff seems pretty interesting, the primary sponsor seems connected with WNT research
    http://www.samumed.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    From the looks of that page, there is recruiting happening in the US at this moment

The Hasson & Wong things ended up being a misunderstanding

And for God's sake, stop with the FDA bitching, save it for a time when a drugs advances to phase III with decent results
    I agree phase 111 is crucial , most go dead after phase 1 .

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    I agree phase 111 is crucial , most go dead after phase 1 .
    Many go dead after Phase I too *cough*Aderans,RU58841,neosh,etc*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Many go dead after Phase I too *cough*Aderans,RU58841,neosh,etc*cough*
    PSK 3841, a nonsteroidal
    antiandrogen, has completed phase IIa
    trials for the treatment of androgenetic
    alopecia and a clinical proof-of-concept
    study to reduce sebum flow and
    secretion in patients with acne. Six
    months of treatment with PSK 3481
    demonstrated equivalent or better net
    hair growth compared with finasteride.