+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 254 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    Yes and I feel it thicker too, I had to bit the bullet and buzz it that short because I knew it would help the dermarolling and the application. But I think you're confused, it's not 4-5 months it's a month and 1 week, it was intended to be a fraction 5/4 .
    I'm also a diffuse thinner with a bit of recession and I just did my second rolling session... Not sure if I'm doing it correctly though, I seem to be rolling for quite a bit of time and my scalp doesn't get as red as yours, it does get a bit read but not to the same extent. Can you tell me how you use the dermaroller DesperateOne?

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    I'm also a diffuse thinner with a bit of recession and I just did my second rolling session... Not sure if I'm doing it correctly though, I seem to be rolling for quite a bit of time and my scalp doesn't get as red as yours, it does get a bit read but not to the same extent. Can you tell me how you use the dermaroller DesperateOne?
    Of course, we need to help each other as much as possible. First, let me just let you know that I am very sensitive, my skin gets red very fast regardless of derma rolling, for example, I tend to blush very easily, so don't feel discouraged because you don't see the same redness.

To your point, I will let you know how I do it and then try to back it up with my opinion why I think this is the best way.

Sun (Shower with nizoral or regenepure shampoo before the derma rolling. As some have pointed out, they reduce inflammation which may render the procedure less effective, that's why I use it at the very end, when the scalp is recovered.) I then go on to derma roll. (I will explain my technique bellow). No rogain this day.

Mon Rogain foam(2x a day, one morning, one at night) and about 15 mins of light absorption in my scalp and a vitamin D3 pill

Tues "

Wed "

Thur "

Fri "

Sat "

I have been also taking fin for the last 3 years, so 1.25mg a day. I would recommend that you use lipogaine rather than rogaine if you have the money, I just bough some and will be using it instead on some days, and then the regular foam and kirkland one more to reduce the cost.

Technique: I have essentially given up on the rolling technique the 2nd week. Like many have pointed out, it might now go all the way through. So now I take about an hour or more (because I have to do the entire scalp) and just go one press at a time until I hear the velcro sound and make sure it goes all the way in. I did it today, and I can tell you that it didn't get as red, yet it still hurt as hell and feel very sore. I also do a bit of regular rolling towards the end just to try and create some more trauma. Good luck.

Thanks for the detailed response man, ever considered a topical anesthetic like lidocaine? I'm wondering if that would effect the procedure at all...? Mine gets a little red but the redness subsides pretty quickly from what I can observe so I'm not sure if I'm actually doing it properly and I'm considering a topical anesthetic just to make it less of an awful ordeal hahahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response man, ever considered a topical anesthetic like lidocaine? I'm wondering if that would effect the procedure at all...? Mine gets a little red but the redness subsides pretty quickly from what I can observe so I'm not sure if I'm actually doing it properly and I'm considering a topical anesthetic just to make it less of an awful ordeal hahahahah.
    lol I know it hurts like hell but I have seen in a few places that you should not use any of that because it may cause nerve damage. If you do then you need to consult a qualified dermatologist, to tell you the truth I doubt they will know.

how do you guys know if tracy is a woman as it maybe a man?

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    how do you guys know if tracy is a woman as it maybe a man?
    wat?

Why would we even care?

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    wat?

Why would we even care?
    i asked because some are refering to tracy as she read back the posts?

Tracy is a woman.

What is everyone using to clean the Dermarroller after a session, I ran it under a hot tap then soaked it in Dettol for 30 mins, is this enough?

ok thanks chromeo thats solved it.