+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

One quick question about wounding in this context. My understanding of the wounding process in humans is that if the wound is severe enough to cause a scarring process to start, that no hair will regrow in that area ever. I thought the main take away from the recent Cotsarelis research is that that's the main difference between these mice and humans: when the human skin is wounded and scarred it will never regrow hair, but that it's possible that if some chemical agent is introduced it may be able to change the process from one that would produce a scar to one that would produce hair follicles. If this is the case, that would seem to indicate that if one did not use the right chemical (from what I understand the correct chemical is either unknown or just known by Cotsarelis) and one is inducing wounding there is a chance (possibly a good one) that they will be causing scar tissue to develop and then no hair will ever grow in the scarred areas again.

Take it for what it's worth (not much) and everyone is obviously free to experiment as much as they want, but a potential word of caution. It seems to me that some percentage of the people on this forum actually have pretty decent heads of hair but are really freaked out about what they think they see coming down the pike in terms of hair loss. While I don't blame anyone for that, it might make as much sense to look at your hair in terms of how much you have as opposed to how much you think you've lost.

I obviously have no idea what will happen if you experiment with this wounding process, but just be careful, as it would be a shame to dramatically and permanently advance the process of balding in an effort to make it go away, especially if you are someone that no one else can even really tell is suffering from MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I don't understand why you wouldn't want to replicate a successful study unless you experienced unbearable side effects.
    I just think minoxidil is such a hassle. I used it 10 years ago but can't say it did anything for me.

I will however try the microneedling and rub some emu oil on my scalp right after.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee133 View Post
    One quick question about wounding in this context. My understanding of the wounding process in humans is that if the wound is severe enough to cause a scarring process to start, that no hair will regrow in that area ever. .
    mmm many people use the 1.5mm in their face for acne scars and usually they push hard with a lot of blood but i never heard that beardhair have stop to regrow, do you have a link of that research?

In the study they said middle erythema so there is no need of push until bloods out, someone should really try to contact them i can' understand why no one has tried, we don't even know if they have use DR with cross-lined needles or straight

If you dermeroll everyday you only need to use minoxidil once a day thats what i am doing as it makes minox more powerful and less side effects.

I think there has been users for a long time using dermaroller heres a link to where i got my first roller with the woundhealing copper peptides spray also a video of the use with minoxidil once a day use
    just a word see the video and i am not saying buy from them as i now get either tricomin or procyte copper peptides in other words shop around the video might be helpful as said use minox 5% once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    I think there has been users for a long time using dermaroller heres a link to where i got my first roller with the woundhealing copper peptides spray also a video of the use with minoxidil once a day use
    just a word see the video and i am not saying buy from them as i now get either tricomin or procyte copper peptides in other words shop around the video might be helpful as said use minox 5% once a day.
    Great link, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    If you dermeroll everyday you only need to use minoxidil once a day thats what i am doing as it makes minox more powerful and less side effects.
    But the idea is to NOT roll every day. The wound healing process apparently requires time to do its magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetmonkey View Post
    I just think minoxidil is such a hassle. I used it 10 years ago but can't say it did anything for me.

I will however try the microneedling and rub some emu oil on my scalp right after.
    Why don't you try the foam? It is not a hassle at all, dries in a few minutes and I actually find that it acts as a thickening styling agent. Also it is now available in generic, I get a 6 month supply of generic foam from costco for around $60.

Since Nizoral acts as an anti inflammatory, I guess it would be a bad idea to use it with the dermaroller. Or?

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    Since Nizoral acts as an anti inflammatory, I guess it would be a bad idea to use it with the dermaroller. Or?
    You could try getting OFF of Nizoral and seeing results with wounding, and then trying to add Nizoral back and seeing the new results.