+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nanofibers

Default Nanofibers

Does anyone have experience with "nanofiber" products that make your hair look fuller? Two such products are made by Toppik and Nanogen. My hair is thinning on the crown, but still relatively "okay."

The products look interesting and have good reviews on Amazon, but if anyone here has experince with them, i would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

If you have used any of these products, did you also buy the "special hair-sprays" that the companies sale? Some of the reviews suggested using normal hair spray products, but only in the areas where you want to use the nanofibers.

thanks!

I use Toppik religiously. It does wonders cosmetically. It is pretty messy when you apply it and it will take some practice. I do not purchase the hair sprays from the companies. I use my own hair spray. From my experience, you definitely need hair spray to keep it in your hair. I put the toppik on in the morning and then put hair spray all over. I wait for the spray to dry and then I comb it through. This gives a very thick look. Once coming through, I apply another round of hair spray so that the toppik will stay in for the rest of the day. For me, it comes off very easily in water. If you need to go swimming, I would try Dermmatch.

I`ve tried most products on the market and for me Nanogen Fibres seem to be the best there is.

Take a look at this link where you can see what a difference it made.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...?p=512#post512

As for the locking mists,i`ve tried them and hairspray works exactly the same.
    Try and use a hairspray with minimal odour.

bm

Nanogen and Toppik seem to be getting the best press from what I have seen, one seems to be bigger in Europe and one in the US.

Which is the best for the temple region? I mean, my hair isn't too bad at the moment.. but at times (and most likely in the near future) it's a bit thin and you can see a bit of my scalp etc. So really I need something that will work for that area. Also, which is the most resistant to water and sweat? And how do you actually apply the stuff for this area? cheers guys.

Dermmatch is your best bet imo for the temple/hairline area.

Dermmatch is good and I know Spencer Kobren recommends it, but I find it a little difficult to use in the hairline. You have to apply it at least 1/4 inch behind your existing hairline to make it look natural so you can’t really thicken the very front. It can also look chalky in certain light.

Default Toppik

I have used Toppik for years now, and i like it. have never used dermmatch though. until i find a solution for myelf i might get some dermmatch and try that too.

Actually went from 35 years old to 48 on Toppik and absolutely noone ever noticed except for my barber. Once the frontal or crown area thins too too much however(which is where I am now in the frontal area) you can no longer get away with using it undetected as it requires a certain amount of hair to be present to attach itself to. Toppiks fiber hold spray is good as well but I never needed it until the last few years.

For anyone just starting to thin, Toppik based on my experience can buy you a few years of added density and volume.

Dermmatch comes as a pad and a brush that you apply to your head and scalp in a painting/applying make-up way.
    Nanogen comes as a tub of tiny fibres that you sprinkle over your hair. The fibres cover the thinner spots by attaching to existing hairs which makes your hair look thicker.