+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

I just started RU hoping to maintain. More importantly, hoping to avoid FIN related sides.

It's my last resort before looking at surgical options with Gho, Nigam, etc. I hate the feeling of the inevitable..the inevitable destiny I have of going completely bald because I have no more efficient options to save my hair.

Just a short explanation why I think CB could be the next big thing:

+ In terms of efficacy and sides it's looking great so far.
    + Cosmo is a profitable company in their own right so no worries about them going out of business if they meet delays
    + They have a clear timeline which they update half-yearly. IND Jan 14, End of POC 3/31/15.
    + We all know that AA`s work for most. There is not even a doubt if it could work or not. Its not new stuff like Histogen. If they can deliver CB to the hair follicle, thats it. It works.

- They only tested with iontophoresis (electromotive drug administration - a technique using a small electric charge to deliver a medicine or other chemical through the skin) as far as I know. They stated they plan to use an anhydrous 5% solution in the upcoming tests, but will it work? Quote: "CB-03-01 5% anhydrous solution was selected as the candidate drug"
    - Really no sides?

So has everyone written off the pure S Equol supplement coming out soon as well?

Quote Originally Posted by yan View Post
    Just a short explanation why I think CB could be the next big thing:

+ In terms of efficacy and sides it's looking great so far.
    + Cosmo is a profitable company in their own right so no worries about them going out of business if they meet delays
    + They have a clear timeline which they update half-yearly. IND Jan 14, End of POC 3/31/15.
    + We all know that AA`s work for most. There is not even a doubt if it could work or not. Its not new stuff like Histogen. If they can deliver CB to the hair follicle, thats it. It works.

- They only tested with iontopheresis as far as I know. They stated they plan to use an anhydrous 5% solution, but will it work? Quote: "CB-03-01 5% anhydrous solution was selected as the candidate drug"
    - Really no sides?
    The only side effect so far that we know of that COULD be an issue is skin atrophy. But theres so little of CB in a single dosage it may prove safe. This is the only thing that scares me about CB, I don't want my skin to deteriorate.

tan + exercise + diet. just gotta accept and move on like the baldies who have come before us. then one day 10 years from now we'll be able to get hair back and it will be a nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    The only side effect so far that we know of that COULD be an issue is skin atrophy. But theres so little of CB in a single dosage it may prove safe. This is the only thing that scares me about CB, I don't want my skin to deteriorate.
    Could this also happen with RU (despite the fact its non-steroidal)? Considering that, its maybe too risky to use that kind of experimental treatments before FDA approval & extensive human trials...

Damn you couldnt even shave your head anymore with deteriorated skin on your head...

So I assume this side effect could also occur after taking RU? Considering that, its maybe too risky to use that kind of experimental treatments before FDA approval & extensive human trials...

Damn you couldnt even shave your head anymore with deteriorated skin on your head...
    No, RU is not a steroid. CB is.

I think El Duterino has been on RU for about 4 years with almost no further hair loss. CB is a corticosteroid hence skin atrophy being a potential side effect after prolonged use.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    No, RU is not a steroid. CB is.

I think El Duterino has been on RU for about 4 years with almost no further hair loss. CB is a corticosteroid hence skin atrophy being a potential side effect after prolonged use.
    Omg and you have to use this probably for many many years. They cant even test the long-term effects on skin in Phase 1, 2 or 3. So to be completely safe, you would have to wait 5-10 years after market entry...

Dude its like I lost my last hope now. After googling, I got the impression that topical steroids always give you sides or harm your skin.

Oh men its all lost, maybe I should drop fin and shave my head. I have like zero hope now for future.

Omg and you have to use this probably for many many years. They cant even test the long-term effects on skin in Phase 1, 2 or 3. So to be completely safe, you would have to wait 5-10 years after market entry...

Dude its like I lost my last hope now. After googling, I got the impression that topical steroids always give you sides or harm your skin.

Oh men its all lost, maybe I should drop fin and shave my head. I have like zero hope now for future.
    Blame everyone;

- Merck for releasing a terrible drug with serious side effects (this has been on the market for too long and everyone else not doing anything to improve on it)
    - Society for mocking the follicular challenged and keeping us bald
    - Pharmaceuticals for not pushing superior alternatives
    - Dr. Lauster for doing ****** ALL after finding the cure 3 years ago. This guy needs to be held accountable for doing nothing with his findings.
    - The FDA for holding everyone back
    - SkinMedica with their stupid lawsuit against Histogen that delayed them by a couple years
    - Aderans for taking WAY too long.