+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by user1991 View Post
    Hey dude regarding insurance. I got prescribed for propecia three days ago, the prescription themselves were not insured because it was considered a cosmetic issue, so blue cross and blue shield didn't do shit. Cost me 179 for 90 pills which I'm splitting. Just heads up
    Really? It says on their website that they will cover up to 20%. I guess up to could mean 0%. Did you get propecia or the generic?

Quote Originally Posted by dpm1129 View Post
    Really? It says on their website that they will cover up to 20%. I guess up to could mean 0%. Did you get propecia or the generic?
    Ya it sucks it covered dermatologist appointment, but not the meds. And I got generic propecia, about 40 dollars cheaper.

Alright fellas, this might be kind of a goofy concern, but I got an appointment later this month with a dermatologist who works in hair loss. I am a little nervous because I'm afraid in a month I will have dramatic hair loss. Goofy or realistic worry?

If your worried is there any way you can get it sooner? But I was in your situation sort of. When I was in college 2 months ago I noticed my hair loss and desperately wanted to see a derm but had to wait till i got back to my hometown. Honestly, i don't think those 2 months did any harm. I think you'll be fine with just waiting a month

If your worried is there any way you can get it sooner? But I was in your situation sort of. When I was in college 2 months ago I noticed my hair loss and desperately wanted to see a derm but had to wait till i got back to my hometown. Honestly, i don't think those 2 months did any harm. I think you'll be fine with just waiting a month
    Later in the month was the most recent I could get for this dermatologist, and the office said she is their leading physician when it comes to hair loss. I imagine a month of waiting won't do too much harm. I noticed you were taking a lesser dose of fin than the 1 mg recommended. Did your derm recommend that? Or just on your own prerogative.

No actually my derm said to take 1 mg a day because I'm young and he truly believes that the erectile dysfunction is all in your head, but hey who knows? Fortunately, I have a few decent connections since my parents are heart surgeons in Chicago. My parents were freaking out that i'm even taking gen. propecia and saying that I shouldn't even chance the effects so they called a very very reputable source in New York, to get some more info on finasteride. Apparently he highly recommends his patients to take any where between. .25 and .5 mg's of propecia. He was saying that after all his years, there is virtually no difference and do just about the same as taking 1 mg of propecia. So i'm just gonna listen to him ha kind a lot sorry!

film

No actually my derm said to take 1 mg a day because I'm young and he truly believes that the erectile dysfunction is all in your head, but hey who knows? Fortunately, I have a few decent connections since my parents are heart surgeons in Chicago. My parents were freaking out that i'm even taking gen. propecia and saying that I shouldn't even chance the effects so they called a very very reputable source in New York, to get some more info on finasteride. Apparently he highly recommends his patients to take any where between. .25 and .5 mg's of propecia. He was saying that after all his years, there is virtually no difference and do just about the same as taking 1 mg of propecia. So i'm just gonna listen to him ha kind a lot sorry!
    Very interesting! The reason I asked is because I was going to talk to my derm about starting off on a lower dosage and just moving my way up. That way my body can get acclimated to the drugs. Did your parents' source in New York think highly of finasteride?

Ya he prescribes all of his patients propecia and recommends to stay on it [U]alone[U] for about a year. Apparently the reason why not to combine with minox is so you can see how much one is actually effective, then to add another if it's even necessary hope i helped!

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Hey dude regarding insurance. I got prescribed for propecia three days ago, the prescription themselves were not insured because it was considered a cosmetic issue, so blue cross and blue shield didn't do shit. Cost me 179 for 90 pills which I'm splitting. Just heads up
    Holy *$%#!! And I thought it was expensive for me.

I've been deciding about splitting the pills too but been afraid to do so cause it'd save me sooo much moneyz each year

For all you guys saying finasteride is so expensive, just order it from here:
    http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-178-fincar-5mg.aspx

It's legit. Gave me the temporary nut ache, got rid of my scalp itch, and all the other symptoms of fin working. Many other members will vouch it's legitness. Takes ~10 business days to ship to Midwest USA. No shipping costs. $27 for 30 5mg pills.

You're welcome!