+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Advice Needed Please!?

So i'm 26 and I had a pretty good head of hair just 2 short years ago. It was thinning than but not noticably bad. Now just since January my hair started taking a turn for the worse. I have been stressed and I did lose my girlfriend and than my job so I'm not sure if that has made my thinning worse. I have been using rogaine for the last 3 months every day twice a day. I just got my prescription for propecia and will be trying that out soon as well. I kind of had a mental freak out and buzzed all my hair down to a #1 thinking that it might hide it and look better but I honestly think it looks worse than before and I haven't stepped foot outside in days. I just uploaded that picture. Can you tell me if the big 3 can do anything for my hair? I'm starting to weigh out my options and a hair transplant while I can part with $5000 it would almost empty my savings. What kind of results can I see with that amount from a good surgeon around the Philadelphia, NYC, NJ area? Also I think I'm a diffuse thinner. Can you tell me if it looks like I'm heading for a Norwood 6/7 or if the severity is just in my head. Please help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hairnone.jpg

Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	21059  

You got the horseshoe pattern going but your hairline looks intact. Yeah, the big 3 would do wonders for you if you stick to it for a whole year consistently. Personally I don't use ketoconazole shampoo, I only the finasteride, dutasteride and rogaine. If Ket shampoo was easier to get, i'd get it.

Yeah I suppose my hair line being still intact is a good thing, but I feel like its only a ticking time bomb til that thins out like the back of my head did. It really happened so fast I didn't notice. Getting my script in the mail so I'm excited to start propecia. I need to go back to the dermatologist to get a script for nizoral for some reason I dont completely understand. I'd still really like a hair transplant so I can have hair while Im still at a young age and have the confidence I used to have. Thank you though.

I think I'll be doing a consultation with Dr. Jeffery Epstein via internet. He really seems like a great doctor and the doctor for me. after I have been hiding in the shadows of this site for years. I want to finally do something about it while I'm young and in my Prime. There goes the new car I've been saving for I suppose. Does anyone know if Epstein is still in the coalition of iahrs? His website says so but I read a few things on here saying he had a falling out of some sort. Not really sure. I also do have a consultation with Bosley coming up. They aren't my first 2nd 3rd or even 4th choice but I feel like some free information is worth wasting their time for. I'm not a sucker for sales tactics so they won't have any affect on me.

Can anyone else give there opinions on my type of hair loss. diffuse thinning, alopecia. Starting propecia on monday. Also Communicating with represenatives of Dr. Epstein's. Hoping my donor area isn't thinning.

Bump. Still hoping for answers to some of my questions. Please help.

If you're okay with taking propecia then I would give it a full 12 months before considering having a transplant.

You're a diffuse thinner, I think after 12 months on propecia you could grow your hair out more and use some nanogen fibres to be a NW1.5.

Problem solved, just hope you're not impotent by then.

Yeah, the thing is I'm not really comfortable with taking propecia. I will try it out but I'm sure I will give it up before I see results because it is gambling with my sex hormones and might not even give me the results I want. At least with a hair transplant I might not get the results I had hoped for but I'll still be able to function sexually and not be bald, impotent, and suicidal. Ya feel me? Thanks for sharing though. Appreciated.
    Last edited by toolittletoolate; 05-19-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: adding more

Quote Originally Posted by toolittletoolate View Post
    Yeah, the thing is I'm not really comfortable with taking propecia. I will try it out but I'm sure I will give it up before I see results because it is gambling with my sex hormones and might not even give me the results I want. At least with a hair transplant I might not get the results I had hoped for but I'll still be able to function sexually and not be bald, impotent, and suicidal. Ya feel me? Thanks for sharing though. Appreciated.
    You just stated in your first post you were looking forward to trying finasteride. Now all of a sudden you dont want to do it ?

I would consult a doctor regarding all medications and hair transplant. Seems like you arent sure and when it comes to measures as drastic as these, when in doubt, do nothing until you are sure.

First your GF then your job now your hair.. A freak out is probably the natural reaction. When it was just my hair a few years ago I was kind of freaking. It's not something you expect at 26.. I'm 28 now. Similar to you I didn't treat my HL for about a year and a half, I knew I just didn't care until it got really noticeable.

It's a slump.. If you start the "big 3" and stick with it you'll probably have peace of mind before you know it, I did. I've been doing that treatment for 2 1/2 years now and I don't even think about HL. I barely notice the routine unless I forget.
    I think it's fair to say everybody has anxiety about starting Finasteride. Especially if you've typed it in on google. My advice would be start propecia, As Directed. It took about 3 weeks for my side effects to subside, and they were in places that can make a man nervous, but now their obsolete. I'll load up a picture, were a similar age you can see my results. If I hadn't started when I did idk where MPB would be..