+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

The nut pain was worse for me on fin (as well as overall lack of well-being due to 5ar inhibition. if you do research on 5ar it affects all sorts of parts in the body). Also it didn't go away for me on fin. It makes sense that RU would do the same, the DHT receptor that RU blocs is in your hair, your balls, your prostate, and your adrenals. My prostate and my balls both hurt mildly, and my hair feels great. Not sure if messing with my balls and prostate is a good idea, but i will try to ride it out for a while. If I can get my hands on OC and BIM at a reasonable rate though I'm definitely getting off the RU. Blocking PGD2 is so much safer, DHT basically makes your body feel manly and good.

There are decent reasons why I have never tried propecia or RU yet. I never really wanted to, and there are good reasons doctors dont hand out propecia or other AAs out to men like free samples. Its all there is but I still dont like the idea of internal hormone changes long term its just asking for a problem eventually it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    How do you know swooping? Not questioning you, just curious. It doesn't seem like RU is steady in the long run and this might explain it. The body definitely tends to up regulate receptors if they are blocked in many cases. Please shed light.

Also intersted in this same potential with setipiprant and OC, how do we know that they are not going to basically make us more prone to PGD2 damage by blocking the receptors and making our cells basically make more receptors. this would make sense as to why people have withdrawals on cetirizine i really don't know, would love expert input.
    Castration or androgen deprivation can actually lead to downregulation of AR and administering androgens subsequently blocks this effect. It isn't the other way around. Supraphysiological levels of androgens for instance can lead to upregulation of AR. Anti-androgens are furthermore used as a treatments against prostate cancer which is often hormone driven (cancer cells can mutate and adapt though). Would be a bit stupid to use them for that if they could increase AR sensitivity or expression right? RU is perfectly stable in the long turn for many people. It's just not stable for everyone, but so is finasteride. That's the bitch of androgenetic alopecia. If you want stability for everyone, castration is the only answer. Simple as that.

I can't really answer your 2nd question, because I haven't read enough studies regarding the whole PGD2 pathway and such. I'm not that hyped for the whole PGD2 story though. You would have to research it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    What's the difference of being non-steroidal?
    A steroidal anti androgen like cyproterone acetate doesn't only bind to the androgen receptor, the pharmalogical activity is broader. I don't remember exactly through which mechanism and how it does, but using cyproterone acetate can actually make your testosterone levels rise while being on it, especially when going on a high dosage. Therefore they recommend to slowly taper off the treatment instead of abrupt withdrawal as that may cause a rebound effect of higher testosterone. This doesn't have to do with the binding to the AR though. Also this doesn't have the case to be for a steroidal anti androgen like CB-03-01 though obviously. The only current steroidal anti-androgen that is on the market AFAIK is cyproterone acetate.

Swooping explain why ru58841 is side free and FDA approved fina causing puffy nippels. Because ru58841 is similar to androgen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Castration or androgen deprivation can actually lead to downregulation of AR and administering androgens subsequently blocks this effect. It isn't the other way around. Supraphysiological levels of androgens for instance can lead to upregulation of AR. Anti-androgens are furthermore used as a treatments against prostate cancer which is often hormone driven (cancer cells can mutate and adapt though). Would be a bit stupid to use them for that if they could increase AR sensitivity or expression right? RU is perfectly stable in the long turn for many people. It's just not stable for everyone, but so is finasteride. That's the bitch of androgenetic alopecia. If you want stability for everyone, castration is the only answer. Simple as that.

I can't really answer your 2nd question, because I haven't read enough studies regarding the whole PGD2 pathway and such. I'm not that hyped for the whole PGD2 story though. You would have to research it.

A steroidal anti androgen like cyproterone acetate doesn't only bind to the androgen receptor, the pharmalogical activity is broader. I don't remember exactly through which mechanism and how it does, but using cyproterone acetate can actually make your testosterone levels rise while being on it, especially when going on a high dosage. Therefore they recommend to slowly taper off the treatment instead of abrupt withdrawal as that may cause a rebound effect of higher testosterone. This doesn't have to do with the binding to the AR though. Also this doesn't have the case to be for a steroidal anti androgen like CB-03-01 though obviously. The only current steroidal anti-androgen that is on the market AFAIK is cyproterone acetate.

Finasteride is also a steroidal 5ar inhibitor. RU from my experience is equally capable if giving bad sides, is highly unproven for safety, although prob doesn't have the broad cognitive etc sides that fin can have. It was enough that it made my nuts hurt tons and hide like frightened children. Scary stuff. All these treatments are pretty BS. Trying to take shots at pathways that aren't the complete picture. If replicel or setipiprant don't work, and those are huge ifs, then I don't have much hope for a reliable and easy to maintain treatment. Everything else is too big a pain in the ass for most sane men.

Why is shipping on anageninc 25 dollars with priority ground as only option? Why cant I pick standard ground which is a lot cheaper instead. I dont get that big waste of money there.
    I think CB could be the answer going the AA route, but its clear a bunch of forum people arent going to figure it all out lose dose and everything. You need company resources so you just have to wait. Im not convinced its not powerful enough or is too expensive like people guess because the company has already went this far with it and is still pursuing it.
    RU probably goes systemic still I mean it makes good sense that is why they canned it.

Thanks mate,

You must be very unlucky. Hopefully stemmcell treatments arrive soon enough.The majority of dudes seem to tollerate ru58841 very well. Someone pointed out important factor about Ru58841 . The drug stays 1 hour in in our blood. Is this because it's not androgen like propecia perhaps?

I'm having no sides or whatsoever, hair gradually improving.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Finasteride is also a steroidal 5ar inhibitor. RU from my experience is equally capable if giving bad sides, is highly unproven for safety, although prob doesn't have the broad cognitive etc sides that fin can have. It was enough that it made my nuts hurt tons and hide like frightened children. Scary stuff. All these treatments are pretty BS. Trying to take shots at pathways that aren't the complete picture. If replicel or setipiprant don't work, and those are huge ifs, then I don't have much hope for a reliable and easy to maintain treatment. Everything else is too big a pain in the ass for most sane men.

Maybe I can ask them if they can add shipping options like say amazon so I can pick standard ground and save like 10 bucks. 25 is a lot of money to ship a little container of some RU i mean the stuff itself is like 40

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Maybe I can ask them if they can add shipping options like say amazon so I can pick standard ground and save like 10 bucks. 25 is a lot of money to ship a little container of some RU i mean the stuff itself is like 40
    U should jump on fin first with minox . I guarantee this all u need .

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    U should jump on fin first with minox . I guarantee this all u need .
    I know fin is probably the smarter choice but I dont think my doc will prescribe it. I might go that route in the near future. Im also not a big fan of the systemic hormone route for a cosmetic issue. That is the only reason for trying RU is the hope it wont go systemic very much and I dont plan on using much except at temples with a low percent like 3. If I was drinking the stuff I wouldnt touch it because its from random supplier in china but topicals make so much more sense. I agree though it could cause issues or go systemic who really knows.
    Im not sure fin can hold the very front hairline which is what I want to stop the NW 1.5/2