+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

@staythick Thank you for your input. I apologize but I didn't realize how sensitive of a topic this was to men and I don't mean to hurt him or anything, I simply just care for him and wanted to help out. But it looks like based off of what most of you have said that it's a "mature hairline" and may not be to serious. Of course whatever he does I will support regardless. I mean as long as I remember he has always had very thin hair and that type of hair line, but I just thought I should check at least, u know? But thank you anyways!

@gldngamer Pretty much what I just said above, yes I didn't realize how much of a big deal this could end up becoming and how it may impact ones life. I just really wanted to check before anything "drastic" may happen. But thank you for your input as well! means a lot that people like you would take the time to comment and help out!

So it's safe to say that most of you guys thinks its just a mature hairline?

I'd give 75 % that it's probably nothing.
    Just keep a small eye on it. The way his hair is looking now and you'd still have doubts, whatever he does do not get him on meds before he sees a dermatologist first.

Quote Originally Posted by user1991 View Post
    So it's safe to say that most of you guys thinks its just a mature hairline?
    It's not really safe to assume anything with hair loss.

I noticed mine as early as last July, and started getting concerned around October 2012.

First I told myself it was TE, then I told myself it was a mature hair line, then I pissed around instead of getting finasteride because I let myself get scared by what the fear mongers were saying.

Then, finally at the end of Feb 2013 I got on the finasteride after I was already pushing NW3.

So, no, don't assume anything. If he doesn't care about being bald, let him go bald. If he is interested in learning more, have a dermatologist look for miniaturization.

your boyfriend has MPB. I can tell by the diffuse thinning he is showing on the front . Didnt see it on the Crown.

Its still early so tell him to get on fin or expect to lose more and more.

It does not look to me like you have anything to worry about. This looks like a natural hairline and your crown looks normal.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    The crown and hairline are visibly thinned out. Luckily, it appears he is still in the early stages. If he's not scared, I'd say he should hop on finasteride and try to maintain what he's got. Also, his head shape looks good, so if he has to go the bald route, he should be fine. Diggin' his current hair style as well -- that's how I get down.

Also, I kind of lol'd that you went out of your way to hide your face in the first 4 pictures, then just didn't in the 5th. Whoops.
    Looks like a mature hairline, I would not do anything, nothing is visibly thinned out.

Drybone is wrong also.

Not sure how I'd feel about my gf posting pictures of me on a hair loss forum. lol.

Anyways, it's hard to tell if he has MPB. I'd monitor it. Some guys get a hairline like that in their mid to late 20s and it never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    your boyfriend has MPB. I can tell by the diffuse thinning he is showing on the front . Didnt see it on the Crown.

Its still early so tell him to get on fin or expect to lose more and more.
    You cant see the diffuse thinning on the crown because the hair is too long - you'd need to lose 50% of the hair before it becomes noticable at that length.

I'd buzz it to a grade 2 and see if you're developing the horse shoe shape.

Hey everyone thanks for all your input, this has helped me get a better idea on my hair! I actually took some recent pictures because I saw that some people were still hesitant. Hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	20935