washing the hair more often - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default washing the hair more often

hi , i m 23 years old and i wash my hair daily but still the sclap gets very sticky the next day is it a common case or anything to worry?? and whenever its sticky and i shampoo ...i loose more hair and if i shampoo when the sclap is dry or clean i lose very less ....can any one help me about this??
    and washing the hair regularly causes any damage to the sclap ??

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

What you are describing is a case of oily hair, which is quite common. More information about your family history of hair loss might help. Are you taking any any medications to prevent hair loss (Propecia)? Washing your hair regularly with a mild/chemical free shampoo should not accelerate any hair loss. You do need to be careful when it comes to blow drying and combing which can cause physical damage to the hairs. You may want to consider laser therapy and/or PRP treatments. They both may help with improving hair and scalp health and possibly slow down the hair thinning.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

yeah i m on propecia for almost three months and i used to brush my hair very often and very hard and i have lost some hair near the parting in front , since then i have been taking care and started to learn about hair loss and my hair loss was not really bad before i started propecia but i have decided to be on propecia as a precautionary measure but these days the scalp has become very oily and i have to wash my hair very regularly ..is there anything i can do about this ??are laser treatments safe for the existing hair

and regarding the family history except for my father nobody else is bald from my fathers side