+ Reply to Thread

Default My first post, Rogaine is not working for me and killing what hairs I had left.

Hello all, Thank you for reading my first post. My name is John, I'm 40 years old and from Boston. I have been losing my hair just on my crown for the past few years. I am not receeding and my hairline on the rest of my head has not changed much since high school, for that I am very thankful. I have very thick and full hair but I have about a 5 inch diameter bald spot on my crown and I use to have some hair there and it did not look too bad. I read about Rogaine foam and from what I read I was a prime candidate for use on the crown. I started using it exactly as directed almost 11 months ago. I never had a problem with itching or redness like others that I have read about. The problem for me is that it killed all of the hair that I had there and now that spot is completely bald and nothing ever grew. I finally gave up last week applying it, enough is enough. I know that it claims it does not work for all men but why not, especially in my case? Anyone have any advice here?

Finasteride may be better option for you. It is easy to take - one pill once a day. You will retain/improve your hair. Check with your doctor and consider the side-effects.

I've unfortunately heard these stories all too often with minoxidil and that's mainly why I'm not going on it again.

Thank you both for your reply. It is very disheartening for anyone who has gone through this. I spent almost a year of using this every day and quite a lot of money simply to end up with less hair and now I am very discouraged.

What about Fin? Consider a low dosage and see if it works?

I have read several articles that fin causes sexual side affects, impotence and prostate cancer. I know that they say everything now causes cancer so I'm not concernd about that but I'd rather have no hair than not be able to perform

My friend that is a healthy attitude

Good Luck in your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by cappy128 View Post
    I have read several articles that fin causes sexual side affects, impotence and prostate cancer. I know that they say everything now causes cancer so I'm not concernd about that but I'd rather have no hair than not be able to perform
    Good wise choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    Good wise choice.
    Agreed fin can definitely screw up your sex life. I wont ever go back to taken it orally as despite being off it for probably 6 months I think it is still having an effect in that department. It did work really well though and lucky for me so does minoxidil on its own.

I literally just found a strip of 10 fin In a draw and just dumped them in a bottle of minox to see if I get any sides when applied topically.

If all is ok I will do a basic extraction of fin from the pills and use topically

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I've unfortunately heard these stories all too often with minoxidil and that's mainly why I'm not going on it again.
    This is one of the biggest bullsh*ts that this world has ever heard. The same fish story like "finasteride destroyed my hair". You should realize that these drugs have nothing to do with your hairloss. They were simply ineffective and you were continually losing hair.