+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: S-equol again

Shinobi, Great research although I can't say I fully understand it all. You are way more versed on the science of this than I am so in the end are you thinking equol is a positive for hair in that it binds to the ERb receptor and handcuffs DHT? That is a very interesting fact you point out about Asians having less hair per CM..........do you think that equol may have the effect of maintaining hair against DHT yet causing less density?

Thanks again! I have tried sparking an estrogen discussion in the past to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    Shinobi, Great research although I can't say I fully understand it all. You are way more versed on the science of this than I am so in the end are you thinking equol is a positive for hair in that it binds to the ERb receptor and handcuffs DHT? That is a very interesting fact you point out about Asians having less hair per CM..........do you think that equol may have the effect of maintaining hair against DHT yet causing less density?

Thanks again! I have tried sparking an estrogen discussion in the past to no avail.
    Yes If you can supplement yourself with the molecule S equol it will be definitely a good thing in many ways: increase in vivo SHBG and the hormonal profile in a good way, block 5AR, stimulate hyaluronic acid etc etc..

But the positiv result seen will come with the dosage, you have to found out the perfect dosage, to get both side free and get maximum result. In chemistry its always about dosage and concentration. I noticed if indeed phyto oestrogen (and this can include the activity of the equol) are washed from the blood very fast especially in men, their activity at the receptor level stay longer (maybe a few days, this data i do not have), so i think once a day s equol is enough and have to be tested in different dosage.

So, yes its definitely a good thing for people suffering from MPB. But have to be carefoul to take some iodine also sometimes. And for sides, if we use the perfect dosage, i think its can be fine since its stimulate almost selectively the ERn, the receptor that men get less and less activate as they get older or are MPB sufferer. Notice that take it topically will not have same effect. It has to be taken orally

For what it's worth, there is a very interesting research article I just came across from 2012. Here is the link to the abstract: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...87B557F.f03t03. But you have to buy (or rent for 48 hours) to view the full article. The research is on topically applied equol to human skin in vitro. When dissolved in DMSO at a concentration of 1.2% it apparently had a significant impact. (Note that equol dissolves at the same concentration in both DMSO and ethanol.)

Here are a couple of notable quotes:

"Notably, when equol was incubated with 5a-DHT at the same concentration, (10 nm), it completely reversed the cytotoxic influence of this natural potent androgen hormone......"

"The notion from previous results reproting that 5a-DHT has a negative impact on skin were confirmed in this study, as seen in experiment 4 , (Fig. 3), where human monolayer fibroblasts treated with 5a-DHT alone significantly decreased cell viability in experiment 4, whereas with the addition of equol to 5a-DHT treated cells, cell viability was restored to control levels. The results highlight equol's ability to interact with 5a-DHT and sequester it from the androgen receptor....."

This research suggests that equol may be effective at controlling hair loss,with dosage and method of application being the major issues. It also suggests that topical application at a concentration at or in excess of 1.2 %, as oppossed to oral application, may be optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    For what it's worth, there is a very interesting research article I just came across from 2012. Here is the link to the abstract: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...87B557F.f03t03. But you have to buy (or rent for 48 hours) to view the full article. The research is on topically applied equol to human skin in vitro. When dissolved in DMSO at a concentration of 1.2% it apparently had a significant impact. (Note that equol dissolves at the same concentration in both DMSO and ethanol.)

Here are a couple of notable quotes:

"Notably, when equol was incubated with 5a-DHT at the same concentration, (10 nm), it completely reversed the cytotoxic influence of this natural potent androgen hormone......"

"The notion from previous results reproting that 5a-DHT has a negative impact on skin were confirmed in this study, as seen in experiment 4 , (Fig. 3), where human monolayer fibroblasts treated with 5a-DHT alone significantly decreased cell viability in experiment 4, whereas with the addition of equol to 5a-DHT treated cells, cell viability was restored to control levels. The results highlight equol's ability to interact with 5a-DHT and sequester it from the androgen receptor....."

This research suggests that equol may be effective at controlling hair loss,with dosage and method of application being the major issues. It also suggests that topical application at a concentration at or in excess of 1.2 %, as oppossed to oral application, may be optimal.
    good find! If anyone decides to try this please please post before and after pics. That is the only way we can determine validity.

Inactive

just one thing - I might be crazy, but I think I'm seeing less grey hair since I've started taking S-equol, could it be related?

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    just one thing - I might be crazy, but I think I'm seeing less grey hair since I've started taking S-equol, could it be related?
    are you using it as a topical?

What about aloe vera as a vehicle?

Aloe vera, as a biological vehicle for hydrocortisone 21-acetate, was tested topically and systemically against acute inflammation. Systemically, the combination of A. vera and hydrocortisone produced a maximum 88.1% inhibition of edema. Polymorphonuclear leukocyte infiltration was reduced 91.1%. The topical inhibition of edema peaked at 97%. The possibility that A. vera has significant potential as a biologically active vehicle for steroids is discussed.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1993971

I got versapro

how many s equol pills should i put in 100mg of versapro?

I'mgoing to add zinc and ginger root too

Where did you get VersaPro / what led to the decision use it? I haven't looked into it much.

I may try this as well, after I read the paper that pinotq posted.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    are you using it as a topical?
    Nope, orally.