+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Looking to start FIN again, this time 0.5mg thoughts?

Hey guys and gals. I'm simply looking for some quick thoughts/opinions on using .5mg of propecia as opposed to the 1mg dosage. I have been reading some threads around the web, and have come across many people taking this route. I'm doing this hoping it will diminish my sides that I experienced the first time or perhaps even make them non existent. Also it would save me money.

My previous experience was that I was on 1mg for 6 months when I first posted here about 9 months ago, but stopped taking it for about 3 months because of the sides. (Numb feeling in penis-less to no sensitivity-sensation in testicles and watery semen)
    I'm at that point where I want to give it one more try before giving up on it.
    I just simply don't want to go down without a fight, as my crown is starting to really thin at 27.

Last questions and concerns:

1- 0.5 mg daily vs 1mg EOD?

2- Should I throw Minox in or wait out on propecia only for 1 year and see what it does alone?

3- Try minox alone? (again I've seen some good results without FIN)

4- Is Hairomega 3-in-1 Dht-blocking, Nutrient Providing, Circulation Improving Hair Loss Supplement worth purchasing?

http://www.amazon.com/Hairomega-3-1-...owViewpoints=0

I have read some decent things about it.

5- Is it a good and a safe idea to purchase Fin from 4RX.com?
    And are there any similar Canadian websites?

Any feedback is appreciated, especially from those who have experience in the same thing as I'm thinking of proceeding here. Thanks!

I'm on .50 mg daily. You will inhibit virtually the exact same amount of DHT at this dosage as the full 5mg proscar dosage.

It has a very short half life, so Ed is better then EOD IMO .

Thanks for the input man. That covers are part of the q's. Still looking for some input on the other questions and such.

Well, i took the plunge today and bought 5 mg finasterside tablets. I gulped a 1/4 pill down.

My wife is choked because she read it would wreck my libido

But i told her to mellow out as the info I have read says it affects guys differently.

What I am really freaked out about is the shed. I am already thinning in my NW 3 area and if it sheds further I am afraid I am going to have to order a dumptruck of toppik to drops its full payload onto my skull to have any effect.

I hope my shedding phase doesnt last too long.

You can't steal second and keep one foot on first

It's beyond me how a person might experience penis numbing and then jump back on the medication that caused it.

I'd try 0.25, if you're determined.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    It's beyond me how a person might experience penis numbing and then jump back on the medication that caused it.

I'd try 0.25, if you're determined.
    I know crazy right.

Well, is it worth being on Minox alone? Or perhaps a minox + Hairomega 3 in 1 with dht blocking. I'm looking for other options if I'm to cross propecia off.

Quote Originally Posted by ushy View Post
    I know crazy right.

Well, is it worth being on Minox alone? Or perhaps a minox + Hairomega 3 in 1 with dht blocking. I'm looking for other options if I'm to cross propecia off.
    Minox alone likely won't do much, but there have been exceptions.

Typically you'll need a DHT blocker; an anti-androgen. If you're not using fin, you might want to consider lesser known, or more experimental treatments. RU perhaps, CB, or Keratene serum (topical beta-sitosterol).

For information regarding cutting edge treatments I would recommend getting an invite to the private forum; just PM lilpauly if you'd like in.

I wouldn't expect much from HairOmega, whatever it is.

Cheers.

I used hairomega from Feb 2012 along with nizoral starting in march. The hairomega has good ingredients for healthy hair and growth, but I don't think it does much for mpb... So use it as a nice hair multivitamin. It supposedly helps block type I 5-alpha reductase and finasteride does type II. The thing is hairomega doesn't drop serum DHT levels at all from what I understand... So again don't count on hairomega to block enough dht to stop hairloss or slow it down by a noticeable amount...

It's still too early on to tell if the finasteride is working for me though. You have to be on finasteride for months for it to start dropping serum dht levels. Good luck with your plan. The side effects will probably go away if you stay the course with finasteride, but that's your call to make. Try to keep a picture log if you can.

If you'd like to see my progess and regimen you should check out my thread.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=11004

Thanks for the reply man, appreciated. And I actually stumbled upon your post earlier. So I took a look at the feedback and such. That's also actually where I noticed the 3 in 1 lol.
    I guess the big question is if I should test the FIN once again at a lower dosage or just live with my situation. I had two pills left over from before I quit 3 months ago, cut them in half but debated taking one today. I didn't take it. Perhaps tm :S